Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Sat Nav Is Obsolete

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
What disclaimer? If there is one doesn't mean they can provide a defective product. Did you know about this disclaimer before you purchased your VF? If not, then such a disclaimer is unenforceable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Your sexuality is unenforceable.

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
#### wits prove fatal by following sat nav blindly, are you a #### wit? You are aware that GPS can be off by up to 100m aren't you?

I would send you a shovel but you are digging your self into the #### wit hole without it.

Says who? Show me where Holden states this and I will believe you-- atm its just your anectodal evidence

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Hmmmm old Butterchicken seems to rely too much on technology.

Or he's just looking for excuses to hate his new car.

Or he's just OCD as fcuk.

Wrong on both counts keep trolling

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
My SatNav has been wrong quite a number of times but I don't take photos of it and post the with the heading "SatNav is obsolete".

Seeing the units are still being put into new Commodores, I don't think the SatNav is obsolete just yet.

In my car the maps are. They even admit on the HERE/Navigon website for the VF. After 6 months maps are obsolete and out of date.

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
my statement is a fact about GPS and the technology used, this is not about holden and their device.

You really are simple aren't you?

Take the car back before you hurt someone with it.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Map update via smartphone link and more is already implemented in Aussie flavoured MyLink, cool your jets and wait for it to populate the VF range.
You should recognize that it was a rainy, cloud covered day anyway, so even with MyLink smartphone link like say BringGo in the Holden Barina CDX implementation wouldn't have got you out of trouble.
You are copping flak not because the forum is defending MyLink but because you think it should always work. By the very nature of GPS operation it will never be perfect, stop posting petty and frivolous comments as justification for another whinge.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
You can't tell if the driver took the photo it could have been the rear passenger. You shouldn't assume things. You also don't know if car was stationary or not.
Yes I have already raised this with GM Holden customer relations. Here is another example of problem tjsy could prove fatal.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/xvjhf8vj7up3lbv/LL_04ya9KY

that right turn looks to be your next move, same with the first pic you posted.

that pic looks like your 10m from that intersection, it would have helped if you had the map zoomed in to see what your next turn would have been. was it a right turn in roughly 30m after you had to turn left??

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
my statement is a fact about GPS and the technology used, this is not about holden and their device.

You really are simple aren't you?

Take the car back before you hurt someone with it.

Fact? You present no evidence to back up your claim. There is nothing official from Holden to support your claim. So I take it with a grain of salt. You resort to personal attacks only.
Try 15-20 metres accuracy. Article below refers to 49 feet in old money

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/13/...ould-use-motion-sensors-for-accurate-driving/