Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
rsIvDi0.jpeg

VF Sleeper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
So you reckon that Meguiar's glass polishing compound is any good? I was researching this sort stuff last night after a night drive in the rain. I have newish Tridon wipers that are about 3 months old but I still have smearing and some sort of residue/water marks on the glass that I need to sort.

I tried using sugar soap last night but that didn't work. I need something stronger.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
So you reckon that Meguiar's glass polishing compound is any good? I was researching this sort stuff last night after a night drive in the rain. I have newish Tridon wipers that are about 3 months old but I still have smearing and some sort of residue/water marks on the glass that I need to sort.

I tried using sugar soap last night but that didn't work. I need something stronger.

I was pleased with the results.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I do that as well but it doesn’t fix the imperfections in the blade. The tool hopefully should sand down the blade imperfections and make them work properly for a bit longer.
I buy my replacements blades from Burson mostly, about $6 for 2.
Even Ripco used to be about $4 from under the counter called trade blades.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Just bought this one which is a bit closer to home. Will be interesting to see how it goes cause my wipers have started streaking and farting lately and I would have changed them out shortly.

If the repair tool can give them an extra 6 months plus of service life the tool will have paid for itself on the first application.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3135285...hxbo5rcsxq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
That’s the one I bought a couple of years ago. Haven’t changed blades since, I believe the blades I bought were advertised as being silicon and are the VE/VF type ones.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
I haven’t tried this brand but agree glass polish is good, but like everything needs applying every so often. Rainex would have to be the best windscreen sealant though, you don’t even need windscreen wipers on with that stuff. Even some of the V8 Supercars used to use it

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I like the Rainex stuff but the missus doesn't. With mild rain you don't need the wipers which can become distracting after hours of driving, especially at night.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Fk yeah. I had hard water etching on the windscreen. 0000 failed. Did 4 passes. Then tried the Maguiars and got a win after after 6 or so goes. Once I did one, I could see a change so knew some persistence would pay off.