Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Shaggin Wagon

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Started pulling the engine out of the VN last weekend, then been rained out most of this week so haven't done much.

I did buy this today. Good parts hauler.

vpwagon.jpg

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
You can name the wagon "the parts pig" lol

Great progress so far, the thing with aftermarket fronts is people try and sell them as genuine and try and #### you on the price, was like the first thing I learnt on the ol' girls. Ahaha

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
The parts POS :p
It's pretty tidy actually, will do the job.

I'm happy with what I paid for the front and guards. Also got a twin headlight loom for $50 :spot on:

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Will be back into this tomorrow, but in the meantime, and seeing this is a commodore forum, this what I did today.

The wiper switch was farked in the vp I just bought, so instead of buying a whole new module, I pulled the one out of the vn, pulled both apart, and made a working one to suit the vp. Colours don't match using bits from the vn but that doesn't bother me :)

Both switches pulled apart
vpswitch.jpg

Finished
vpswitch1.jpg

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Pulled this out today. Slowly getting there :) Might have picked up a set of guard flutes as well, assuming the dude gets back to me about them.

2012-04-26143614.jpg

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Yeah those mounts don't help me any haha.

That would be awesome mate. I was going to cut them off a spare Torana crossmember I have but if you do come across some I get to not #### a good crossmember.

I'm going with your suggestion as well, bolt all the mount parts to the engine and sit it in to get the mount positions.

V6Q

Reaction score
Members Ride
HQ ute with v6 commodore motor, gbox and diff
one of my wbs have the exact same thing done, on the plus side they were to lazy to grind all of the factory mounts off so itll make it alot easier to put the originals back, any more progress on the panno

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
Not much to report at the moment. Sorting out a bloke to weld the right mounts on.

And trying to sell some stuff off the VN so I can get rid of it. It's all going to scrap once I pull what I want off it.