Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Shed Pic Thread (losh's request) - please read the rules.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
As luck would have it, found out about a gadget for most of that. Called in to have a chat about post hole borers with Lee down our local hire shop (the one that gets my money because of their excellent service) and he has a modified heavy duty chainsaw with a wierd 40mm wide 600mm long blade to do just this. It even has a trolley available to attach it to so you can just drag it along and not have to man-handle it bent over. The hole under the retaining wall will be a challenge though, may end up going up close to the end, or even around it.

Oooh.....we needs pics of this machine.

Video in action would be even better.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Where is the best place to buy garden sheds? My shed took off in a storm, lifted up about 2m in the Air then crashed down on the wife's car.. I was just getting out of the commodore and heard the ghastly noises of metal crashing and smashing into things. Quickly sat back in the car in case it landed on me..

Attachments

• IMG-20220420-WA0000~2.jpg
    IMG-20220420-WA0000~2.jpg
    535.9 KB · Views: 94

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Stratco

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Mitre 10 have kits pretty cheap.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There’s a number of “reputable” shed suppliers that manufacture absolute junk. Parts missing. Wrong parts. Poor fit. Bad customer support. Flimsy structural integrity.

Do your homework and avoid the positive reviews where possible to gauge what feedback is being hidden.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bought one from Mitre 10 a few years ago and it was pretty decent. I wouldn't get one from Bunnings though. I try not to deal with Bunnings unless the price is a fair bit cheaper, which is a rare occasion. A shed kit I wouldn't trust them regardless.

I've bought a 6m x 6m probably 15 year ago from Stratco and it was decent.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I will check out stratco and miter 10 thanks. Seems hard to get the style I'm after in the right size, with sliding doors on the end.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Problem these days is the steel used in the sheds is thin as... and the sneaky shits fold over the sheet steel edges so it looks less thin... So buyer beware...

Alternatively, make it out of wood and hardiflex planks or whatever they call them... Sort of a mini house frame and easy enough to throw together...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Problem these days is the steel used in the sheds is thin as... and the sneaky shits fold over the sheet steel edges so it looks less thin... So buyer beware...

Alternatime is make it out of wood and hardiflex planks or whatever they call them... Sort of a mini house frame and easy enough to throw together...
Yes I have had seductive thoughts of buying a bunch of 80mm galvanized square posts and erecting myself a true man's shed aka bomb shelter lol :) I wonder how the cost would compare to a prefab tin shed. Probably surprisingly close. The welding or brackets or other joining method would be the challenge.