Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Shed Pic Thread (losh's request) - please read the rules.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@greenace, uplift forces can be huge and shows why things like garden sheds should be bolted to speced foundations…

But I’m curious how your insurance company sees this issue and whether they tried to split it into two claims, house and car?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
@greenace, uplift forces can be huge and shows why things like garden sheds should be bolted to speced foundations…

But I’m curious how your insurance company sees this issue and whether they tried to split it into two claims, house and car?
Have not bothered to contact them. I wonder what they would say about an old shed that wasn't bolted down? Hoping to find a second hand bonnet for the car and just do a straight swap over

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Where is the best place to buy garden sheds? My shed took off in a storm, lifted up about 2m in the Air then crashed down on the wife's car.. I was just getting out of the commodore and heard the ghastly noises of metal crashing and smashing into things. Quickly sat back in the car in case it landed on me..

Is that a new way to put the car in the shed.... :D

Bugger is the first thing that comes to mind....Hopefully you only need a new parts to fix the car and a new shed ain't to expensive

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Is that a new way to put the car in the shed.... :D

Bugger is the first thing that comes to mind....Hopefully you only need a new parts to fix the car and a new shed ain't to expensive
Pretty close. The first thing that came to mind when I saw it lift off started with *F. The second was wow that was impressive and yes the third was Bugger!!
When you consider that a shed is much the same as a big cardboard box it's not really such a surprise. I'm still scratching my head how it managed to jump over the garden tap though. Just straight up, knocked over all the garbage bins and made a real mess.
Went to stratco today. Wasn't overly impressed by the thin panels. The old shed had solid 1 piece pressed gables. Some new ones look like they have been made from a bunch of offcuts riveted together. Hopefully a dedicated shed company will make them sturdier?
What happened to Australia's steel industry?? Sigh

Dylan kingswood

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 s2 Ve ss
Got my shed drawn up yesterday and ordered 6-8 weeks away cannot wait haven't had my own shed that's bigger than 3x3 since 2013, bit of prep work coming g over the next month

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-190656_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-190656_OneDrive.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20220603-184114_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-184114_OneDrive.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 95

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Added 2 new LED batten lights in the shed this weekend. Fantastic improvement over the old tube battens.
Now in the process of slowly relocating the old lights to the 'dark corners' of the garage to spread the joy.
IMG_20220606_193102.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I've got x6 double LED fluoro lights and yep decent. The old shed was smaller with old style doubles x4 and it really needed at least x6 of the old style in a 7 5m x 7.5m shed.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I need to upgrade my garage with something like that.