Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Shed Pic Thread (losh's request) - please read the rules.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No. That’s not cool.
Do you shed build in “The Garage” section and the car build in “Show off your ride” in the relative section. It helps others with their projects.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunno if this is the correct thread, but as you blokes with death wishes have discussed car hoists....................

I was going to post this in a new thread last night. But I didn’t.

We need a hoists thread.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didn’t catch what Saftey mechanisms were on it if the hydraulics give out. Like with a regular hoist the latches that click in at intervals as it goes up.

We had a forklift give out at work. Slammed the load.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Dunno if this is the correct thread, but as you blokes with death wishes have discussed car hoists....................

At what stage does this clown get to the point? Halfway through and he is still talking his usual ramblings. I don't watch his vids because 95% is ramblings the other 5% is useful. What was the jist of what he was trying to say? I work 10-11hr days and don't have time to waste watching nonsense.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The whole thing looked at bit dodgy to me, and I would not like to be working underneath it.
Oops ..... flat car, flat owner.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The whole thing looked at bit dodgy to me, and I would not like to be working underneath it.
Oops ..... flat car, flat owner.
I watched about 5mins and then couldn't take anymore. I tried swiping forward to half way on my phone and he was still rambling. If he would get to the point without the BS his vid would be five mins long and I'd then watch it. So because I gave up I didn't work out what his vid was really about.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
At what stage does this clown get to the point?
That’s his style where he imparts some wisdom among the humour … Guess he’s polarising but I like his videos…

The cliff notes… made in chain, well engineered, well built, Aussie and tug certified, has safety locks that click like all hoists do, works well in a home garage with 2.1m ceiling heights, standard 240V/10A plug provided, ready to go just add oil, not suited to waffle pod concrete floors.

Interestingly the hoist supported his 4x4 Triton and coped rather well when rocking the vehicle.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
He mentioned the use of dyna bolts to secure the hoist, well for starters that's a big no, no and something only dodgy installers use. Dyna bolts are not safe to use on hoists.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
He mentioned the use of dyna bolts to secure the hoist, well for starters that's a big no, no and something only dodgy installers use. Dyna bolts are not safe to use on hoists.
It might have been out of context. He has an engineering background.