Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// The Stig's 2005 E60 M5 'Magnum Opus'

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
How much do the UOA's cost?

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Luxo Beast....nice !

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
That exhaust manifold is a work of art

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
So I ordered, and recently received, a DCAN/K-Line switchable cable with additional 20pin adapter.

It can be used with a bunch of interesting software including:

EDIABAS/INPA/ELDI/KFP/NCSExpert
TIS (BMW Dealer Software)
DIS (BMW Dealer Software)
SSS Progman (BMW Dealer Software)

This will allow me to do some coding and open up a world of diagnostic phun on all 3 of my BMWs. The E34 uses the old style 20 pin adapter, the E60 uses OBD-II (K-line), and the E70 OBD-II (DCAN).

I also recently received my membership to the BMW Car Club of Victoria.

Getting hold of the software, properly configuring it and having it running on a suitable laptop is a detailed and time consuming process, however, the level of access it provides to the various control modules in the car(s) is quite impressive. Definitely worth the effort.

Some photos below of my initial connection to the M5.

uc

uc

uc

uc

Much savings to be had as I've now no real reason to visit the $tealership

Last edited:

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
On Tuesday morning at 7:00am I received an email from The President of the BMW Car Club of Victoria asking if South Yarra BMW could borrow my car for the day as they were short an E60 for the legacy display at that evening's launch event for the new G30 5 series.

Nothing like last minute pressure.

I instantly agreed with no thought of any kind of compensation other than the satisfaction of having my car on display along side other great BMWs in one of the most prestigious dealerships in the country.

Only later did I find out they planned to lend me a brand new (30kms on the clock) F20 for the day, as well as giving me a brand new G30 for the weekend.

I also received an invite to the event. Here's the photographic evidence of the evening's proceedings.

The hospitality was second to none, my pride and joy was treated with total reverence. The food was delicious, the drink plentiful and the staff totally professional. Well done to the entire South Yarra BMW team!

Left to Right, F10, E60, E39.
uc

My favorite.
uc

uc

The new G30 - Mat Red Wrap with Chinese Year of the Rooster gold embellishment, I wonder who their target market is?
uc

uc

Gold Foil i8 - I guess the future is here
uc

Although this was supposed to be the launch of the G30, the G12 stole the show, not officially launched until May, and the only example currently in Australia, I briefly got my mitts on the m760Li x-drive. I can't wait until I can afford to be the 5th owner of one of these cars. V12 600hp Limo that rockets to 100kph in 3.7 sec. "Winston, I have heard a lot of old boys down at the club talking about something called a 'burnout' ?"

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

As always, Peace Out!

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Sounds like a great experience, although not sure leaning against the car is total reverence.

.....my pride and joy was treated with total reverence.

uc