Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// The Stig's 2009 E70 M Oiler

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Best not to get me started on the injustice inherent in our so called "justice system". We'll be here for the rest of eternity, and not talking about cars.
It was just some venting as I’ve got my own story about an idiot on the road causing injury, a justice system that doesn’t really hold them to account, a ambulance system that is incompetent, a medical system that unable to read ex rays and ignore patients statements and a support system that doesn’t anything but support injured people. It all makes my blood boil...

But I hear you, best to leave it alone and get back to cars and I can feel the tension, breathing and heart rate increasing...

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
This morning was rego transfer at VICROADS, I spent the afternoon detailing the interior of the new acquisition. Tomorrow, in better light, I plan to wash, claybar and polish the exterior. Once this is done I'll snap some photos and start a new thread.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
So was that 6 in the X5 the same as the 335I engine?

That exhaust looks mint. How does that brand compare to super sprint?

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
The 335i was a petrol donk, which series (E??) determines which engine used. The straight six diesel in this particular X5 was also found in the E90/E91/E92/E93 330d/330xd

I have never owned a super sprint exhaust, so I can't comment. The Meisterschaft shown in this thread ended up in my E60 M5, you can check out that thread and listen to the result. Meisterschaft as a company tend to target the exotic end of the market.

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The 335i was a petrol donk, which series (E??) determines which engine used. The straight six diesel in this particular X5 was also found in the E90/E91/E92/E93 330d/330xd

I have never owned a super sprint exhaust, so I can't comment. The Meisterschaft shown in this thread ended up in my E60 M5, you can check out that thread and listed to the result. Meisterschaft as a company tend to target the exotic end of the market.

Ah okay. I've worked on a few 330d's with these engines. I thought it was petrol sorry as I just skimmed through the thread.
I think we have one of these engines sitting on the workshop floor we swaped in a X5. The tensioner shat it's self and it had a very bad chain rattel so we did a second handy incase there was slight pison to valve interference.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah okay. I've worked on a few 330d's with these engines. I thought it was petrol sorry as I just skimmed through the thread.
I think we have one of these engines sitting on the workshop floor we swaped in a X5. The tensioner shat it's self and it had a very bad chain rattel so we did a second handy incase there was slight pison to valve interference.

Some of the more high strung versions (X5 40d and X5 50d ) of the N57 engine, the later incarnation of the BMW 3.0 litre diesel, are known to exhibit tensioner issues. The M57 which is found in the pre LCI E70 X5 (ie this one) do not. It was something I was wary of when purchasing the replacement for this car..