Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Stimulus Package Thread

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
There's been a few threads over the past weeks about the stimulus package (all aspects of the budget, not just the payment), though all ended up getting locked because they were too similar and had people asking when they were getting their money, but that meant there wasn't even one place to discuss the payment.

To help keep this thread open please don't ask when you're getting it or if you're eligable. Use the ATO website or give them a phone call on 1300 686 636.

Now that's out of the way, I just got mine in my bank account today. I'm with NAB. I found it interesting that despite the fact that the government has my everyday bank account information the money ended up in one of my savings accounts (linked to the everyday). Perhaps my bank moved it so I could get interest or save it which I found interesting considering the government wanted us to go out and spend spend spend. Guess the banks have a different idea about that.

What am I going to do with it? My wife has been on maternity leave through last year and didn't work so she's not eligable to receive a payment so I'm giving her half ($450). I'm putting my half away because I want to buy a VS for wrecking - I need too many parts that it's actually cheaper and it's always handy to have a spare everything (that works, anyway).

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
All my money is going straight into debts. :)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ I saw the thread name and though the exact same thing...

Though it is getting a touch old... and you would think people would learn after 9 millionth thread about the package was closed...

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Mine showed up this morning... transferred straight to the credit card which paid my rego earlier in the week.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
The other ones were closed because everybody was asking when they would get their payments Jesterarts. I was aware and mindful of the other threads when I created this one.

I simply wanted to know who'd got it yet and what they've spent or plan on spending the money on... it's still an interesting and valid (for those who have jobs, anyway) thread right up until they stop giving the money out (and don't you think it's easier to have one central thread than 2 per week?)

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I got the student one, I only started work just after the financial year so didnt do a tax return, but I should get a fair bit back in tax this year anyway, since I paid tax on a full time job, and i havent worked for 4months lol.

Mine will just sit in the bank and be spent on petrol, Im currently spending more a week on petrol then I even earn lol so its going to help keep me out of debt till I get back into work.