Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The stupidity of tamper proof hex/torx bolts

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't get too hung up on whether it's easy to steal something or not. Because if someone wanted something off my ute they would probably steal the whole car, locked or not. Unfortunately I doubt it would be a hard feat for someone who knows how to hotwire a car to take my old bus.
I was driving a friend's VC for a while a few years back and you could open and start those things with any old Holden key. Almost got stolen one day. It was broken in to and when I called the police about it they said 8 old holdens were broken into that day in the same car park and one was stolen. What saved my car? The bloody thing was draining the battery when it sat around and after as little as a couple of hours it'd be dead. Knowing it wasn't going to survive the day while I was at work I disconnected the battery leads. The ignition was turned when I got in the car so the bastards had had a go, but the thing wouldn't have cranked. Being a piece of crap saved it .

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I was driving a friend's VC for a while a few years back and you could open and start those things with any old Holden key.

My old Gemini was the same. Stick a screwdriver in the ignition and it would turn. That heap was stolen three times and recovered each time. Last time though they stripped it, stuck a brick through the back window and reversed it into a pole stoving the back in.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I could start my old LX with any key.....whether it be a car key or house key.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
My LX was probably the same just never tried. I remember my HX was easy to break into. Screwdriver in the corner of the rear passenger window and pop, back door unlocked....