Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Thread for Those That Have Left Us Before Their Time Was Up (the trolls)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Gonna quote your deleted post because I can.

Thanks man, I don't know why my post in this thread which was obviously tongue-in-cheek, friendly humour, is copping so much flack.

Maybe because about two weeks ago I made a joke when I quoted the rules in the 'pic of the day thread' which the mods deleted and gave me a warning about and I realised then, that type of humour wasn't accepted by the mods here, and we discussed this via PM. I understood the situation and I thought all was good.
I then mentioned that I thought there was a member who was spamming the VE board, and wasting members time and possibly they were posting under multiple usernames, we then discussed this briefly and I then left it alone.

So, first, we are also giving a little bit of tongue in cheek here. So dont get your panties all wet. Obviously, we need to spam tongue poking smilies as well.

You quoted the rules of the POTD thread and replied to it saying who made you boss? It was a dumb post. I simply deleted it and sent you a PM saying to pull your head in. Nothing more, nothing less. No, that wasnt funny because we delete COUNTLESS nonsense posts from that thread, so to us, that was just another person being an idiot.

Secondly, my joke and Airstrikes joke, was about that VE thread where you went on a troll witchunt and then also kept PMing us about possible duplicate people posting the same spam.

Yes we talk, we need to coordinate our ban hammers :p :p :p LOLOLOL :p :p (smiles indicate humor, not banhammering.)

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Gonna quote your deleted post because I can.

"Thanks man, I don't know why my post in this thread which was obviously tongue-in-cheek, friendly humour, is copping so much flack.

Maybe because about two weeks ago I made a joke when I quoted the rules in the 'pic of the day thread' which the mods deleted and gave me a warning about and I realised then, that type of humour wasn't accepted by the mods here, and we discussed this via PM. I understood the situation and I thought all was good.
I then mentioned that I thought there was a member who was spamming the VE board, and wasting members time and possibly they were posting under multiple usernames, we then discussed this briefly and I then left it alone."

So, first, we are also giving a little bit of tongue in cheek here. So dont get your panties all wet. Obviously, we need to spam tongue poking smilies as well.

You quoted the rules of the POTD thread and replied to it saying who made you boss? It was a dumb post. I simply deleted it and sent you a PM saying to pull your head in. Nothing more, nothing less. No, that wasnt funny because we delete COUNTLESS nonsense posts from that thread, so to us, that was just another person being an idiot.

Secondly, my joke and Airstrikes joke, was about that VE thread where you went on a troll witchunt and then also kept PMing us about possible duplicate people posting the same spam.

Yes we talk, we need to coordinate our ban hammers :p :p :p LOLOLOL :p :p (smiles indicate humor, not banhammering.)

So in other words,
Once someone has annoyed or disagreed with a moderator one or two times they are blacklisted & that means no fun and games even if they are joking.

I don't see where the tongue in cheek has been from the moderators since Nitro_x asked Airstrike why he drives a Ford and moderates on this forum? The replies have come across as very defensive and hostile & I can't say I really read any of it to be funny or tongue in cheek.

Not trying to start a war or put you moderators down, just pointing out my observation of the last 2-3 pages of this thread.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Well, you can choose to see the tounge in cheek nature of the posts or not. Thats just a credit to somethings not coming across certain ways over text on the internet I guess.

As far as getting defensive goes, how do you want people to respond when you question what car they drive and the fact they moderate a Commodore forum? Hak and Strike cop it constantly. After a while, im sure it becomes tiresome.

All that was implied was Nitro was a bit of a backseat moderator at time despite his relative freshness to the forums, which has since been discussed with him and we (well, I atleast) was having a bit of a laugh about following his dig about Strikes Falcon, it was intended to be banter. Which this entire thread is - banter.

Personally, he hasnt rubbed me the wrong way since I spoke to him, we had a chat. Job done as far as Im concerned and Ive moved on from his "warning". I hope he has to.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
So in other words,
Once someone has annoyed or disagreed with a moderator one or two times they are blacklisted & that means no fun and games even if they are joking.

I don't see where the tongue in cheek has been from the moderators since Nitro_x asked Airstrike why he drives a Ford and moderates on this forum? The replies have come across as very defensive and hostile & I can't say I really read any of it to be funny or tongue in cheek.

Not trying to start a war or put you moderators down, just pointing out my observation of the last 2-3 pages of this thread.
There is no 'blacklist' but there are just those members you remember whether it's for good or bad reasons.

It's all in good fun until you keep pushing, Nitro has now made comment on what others own more than once, it starts to loose it's 'tongue in cheek' value after a while.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Yeah, Grennan, my initial post in the POTD thread that started this kerfuffle was dumb, I accept that, we discussed that in a civil way as you've said and we both moved on. Initially I was a bit cheeky with you but it was never intended to be malicious, more than anything I've been frustrated with having restricted freedoms, which could be due to 'life in general', and possibly spilled over into here, but that's another matter for the political thread :)

Yeah fair enough, it may have been an inside joke the two of you had but his response to me didn't come across as friendly humour and there was no added 'LOL' or emoticon. And yes, I can understand long time members who see the same kinda posts from any random poster year after year are gonna roll their eyes or get annoyed. I feel ya, it's the same in day to day work life also.

"Troll witch hunt" although I find your reference quite funny I wouldn't go that far, it was one time, regarding one member and I felt it was a legitimate concern, we discussed it and you explained the situation and your process, I then left it at that. I also finished by saying I thought Just Commodores is a great forum, albeit, heavily moderated (this has its good and bad points i guess, like most things)

I never kept PMing multiple moderators, I've only ever spoken with one (you) and we sorted it out.
- this is for those reading who might misinterpret you comment...he kept PMing "us"

I'm glad this got aired out and we could openly discuss it, no body likes a festering sore that never heals.
I'll pull my head in and let you guys deal with the ****.

ps
What's the salary package for a Troll Investigator? Can it progress to Chief Moderator?
Nah....she'll be right!
:shutup:

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I've been frustrated with having restricted freedoms,

ps
What's the salary package for a Troll Investigator? Can it progress to Chief Moderator?
Nah....she'll be right!
:shutup:

Im going to asssume when you say "restricted freedoms" you mean in general cause Ive just double checked your posting privileges and you aren't on moderated or restricted posts of any kind.

The pay is fairly good. You get a fairly large percentage of my annual salary. Unlucky for you, I get paid 0.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Yeah, I meant restricted freedoms in general. I wrote that in my post.

I assumed you weren't paid...just running with the joke...
(just in case someone *no-one in particular* actually thought I might be dumb enough to think you were paid for your services)