Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The "Touch Up Guys" Feedback

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Start Off: I've used this company a few times and don't have a single bad thing to say about them.

5513558_1388106_LD.png

http://touchupguys.com.au/

Some of you may be aware I had a hidden wiring job done on my VS incl removal of ABS module. Shortly after that I purchased my first home, as many of you know - priorities take over. So I was left with an engine bay that looked worse than with the million wires running everywhere. Admittedly, it did upset me to see it that way - and at the same time a boxed, smoothed and painted bay was far out of reach.

All I really wanted was the engine bay to look *tidy*. I didn't care about the drill holes, or bumps. just aslong as you didn't focus on the rust areas.

So I thought 'well, there's no harm in seeing if these guys can touch it up' and organised them to come out and look at it, when he first looked at it he seemed keen as - and hadn't done anything like this before. So initially i was ONLY expecting to touch up the rust spot areas - which at the time I was expecting him to use a brush. (I should mention he brushed touched my entire VZ SS ute and it came up amazing, you couldn't even tell) but he wanted to go all out, he gave me a quote I couldn't pass up and was booked in.

This is a before picture of the battery tray area:

IMG_10541_zpsswmtizwx.jpg

and this after his work:

IMG_10611_zpstzz0ejoj.jpg
IMG_10611_zpstzz0ejoj.jpg

He came to my house at 8.45am with his employee, they completely taped up everything asif it was going into a spray booth, and went to town on it. They were finished by 3.30pm same day and had done an amazing job. I had them pull a small dent from the quarter and touch up the whole car. The beauty part is the car didn't sit in a panel shop for 3 weeks, and didn't have some apprentice driving or touching my car. It stayed in my shed and never moved.

So guys, if you have marks, dents, scratches etc give these blokes a call - their work is as close to a panel beater as its gunna get - without losing your car for weeks - and a quarter of the price.

My entire engine bay was sprayed (towers and rails) for $500. A panel beater would of easily charged $1500.

I havent taken proper pic, but I will and upload them! engine bay is dirty still.

any questions - ask away!

shaness8

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG F6 VX SS
Your car looks good from the photos has a nice shine.

Had them come out, just touching up some marks on the bumpers, bloke rolled up work van was filthy alarm bells rang was going to tell him to pi****f, gave him a go could see he was in a hurry his work was pathetic, over spray and paint doesn't match original.

Will never again use them.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Shortly after that I purchased my first home, as many of you know - priorities take over.

Big congrats on this aspect Jecs !

No you can participate in the landscaping and reno threads.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Big congrats on this aspect Jecs !

No you can participate in the landscaping and reno threads.
Yeah congrats mate (how recent did you get into the market?)

I'll be looking to do the same in the next 12-18 months I hope.

On topic, what sort of paint do they use? Any idea on durabilty/heat resistance etc?

Sounds like you found one of the good guys.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Your car looks good from the photos has a nice shine.

Had them come out, just touching up some marks on the bumpers, bloke rolled up work van was filthy alarm bells rang was going to tell him to pi****f, gave him a go could see he was in a hurry his work was pathetic, over spray and paint doesn't match original.

Will never again use them.

Yeah congrats mate (how recent did you get into the market?)

I'll be looking to do the same in the next 12-18 months I hope.

On topic, what sort of paint do they use? Any idea on durabilty/heat resistance etc?

Sounds like you found one of the good guys.

you and 5.0 were keen so I put a posted up in this thread http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/gardening-landscaping.249136/page-23 :)

good question about the paint. he did tell me the brand but for the love of me I cant remember, it is a popular brand I remember that much.

he did tell me that company had switched systems to this paint company and he said the main colour of the car, theyve be awesome at colour matching.

but he said he had a customer with an audi rim, and he fixed the gutter rash and followed the paint code and he reckon the colour didnt match the original audi rim colour, so he discussed with the customer and had a proper panel beater paint it. So i reckon i understand where shane is coming from

honestly I cant fault the colour in my bay - to me its aged perfectly to match the exterior of the car.