Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread

Belmont1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commodore, 2008 BMW X5, 2002 VX Commodore
hi . new member here. when you talk about the two hole mod. is that in reference to putting a 2nd breather hole on other side of manifold and a two into 1 fitting . about to do timing chain and I have read and heard that the breather at the rear of the right bank is restrictive . if it works at all . any advice on this would be great thankyou .

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
hi . new member here. when you talk about the two hole mod. is that in reference to putting a 2nd breather hole on other side of manifold and a two into 1 fitting . about to do timing chain and I have read and heard that the breather at the rear of the right bank is restrictive . if it works at all . any advice on this would be great thankyou .
Two hole mod is adding a second hole to the intake box, before the filter. The standard box has a single 90mm hole in it and then the pipe comes up to just under the front engine plastics. This isn't bad, but can be restrictive. Not that you get heaps of gains from the second hole, it just allows the intake to 'breathe' a bit easier.
IMG_20230205_162736.jpg
IMG_20230205_162748.jpg

Belmont1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
Two hole mod is adding a second hole to the intake box, before the filter. The standard box has a single 90mm hole in it and then the pipe comes up to just under the front engine plastics. This isn't bad, but can be restrictive. Not that you get heaps of gains from the second hole, it just allows the intake to 'breathe' a bit easier.View attachment 247584View attachment 247583
cheers for reply with my fg that I just sold thank christ I just had a k&n filter plumbed up to the intake will the ve cope with this as well. was thinking about going that route or get a custom box from Mace . it's running standard air box at moment . it's the missus car it's only done 116,000kms I'm due to do timing chain in next week or two .

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
cheers for reply with my fg that I just sold thank christ I just had a k&n filter plumbed up to the intake will the ve cope with this as well. was thinking about going that route or get a custom box from Mace . it's running standard air box at moment . it's the missus car it's only done 116,000kms I'm due to do timing chain in next week or two .
Two hole mod is cheap. Have seen the second hole to the side of the box instead. Mace cai will be less restrictive, but again, it's not going to make massive power. Mace website says max gains to be made is 5kw to the rear (depending on setup).

Belmont1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
Two hole mod is cheap. Have seen the second hole to the side of the box instead. Mace cai will be less restrictive, but again, it's not going to make massive power. Mace website says max gains to be made is 5kw to the rear (depending on setu

Belmont1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers for that much appreciated . think I'll play around with the airbox as per the two hole before install the k &N

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
I don;t think the 2 hole is really doable on the VE as the mouth/intake (whatever you wanna call it, is bigger than the VZ airbox, meaning it already essentially has the "2 hole mod" from factory. Next would be to get a CAI enclosed with the pod. I could be wrong though if someone else wants to chime in.

Belmont1982

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don;t think the 2 hole is really doable on the VE as the mouth/intake (whatever you wanna call it, is bigger than the VZ airbox, meaning it already essentially has the "2 hole mod" from factory. Next would be to get a CAI enclosed with the pod. I could be wrong though if someone else wants to chime in.
cool thanks man . I had a 100mm k&n pod filter in my barra . forgive my swearing. think I might just chuck a pod filter on v6 and see how she goes .

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
cool thanks man . I had a 100mm k&n pod filter in my barra . forgive my swearing. think I might just chuck a pod filter on v6 and see how she goes .
Just have to make sure it's sheilded right. Otherwise you'll heat soak the filter and hot air will be going into the engine. Will send a link with a video of someone just 'throwing on a pod filter' and think the engine lost about 30kw.