Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
One thing I will add about the exhaust and the unique sound the alloytecs have.

1: It is not, nor will it ever sound like any earlier version of a Commodore V6, so don't waste money on an exhaust that is similar to those. EI: single 2 1/2" cat back with or without a rear resonator. (The only exception to this is one member-can't remember his name-has a CHE 2 1/2" single cat back that sounds good-in his opinion.)

2: If possible, leave the 2 resonators under the car that look like cats, these are not cats, they are resonators, and their job is to remove the raspy, fart in a tube type quality to the exhaust.

3: Bigger is not better. Keeping the stock exhaust keeps the alloytec quiet. The only exception to this (unashamed plug) is a Manta 2 1/4" twin into 3" single which is louder and deeper than stock with no drone.

Stewlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV ute M6
Question for you impulsive, just rung Holden about the monaro cai, and he quoted me $450 which was the whole replacement for the bottom of the air intake box. So I don't know exactly what part I'm searching for. Care to shed some light?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
There is a thread, has the part numbers and everything. Should only cost $35

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Question for you impulsive, just rung Holden about the monaro cai, and he quoted me $450 which was the whole replacement for the bottom of the air intake box. So I don't know exactly what part I'm searching for. Care to shed some light?

wow, its just the bottom of the air box off a monaro.. cost me $65

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
oh n just for the record. my mechanic who told me to buy a growler tried the mace ones n got nothing from it other then a lil sound.
he dynoed his vz with the growler n got an extra 3rwkw's at higher rpm's, like 3000+.
hoping to see similar results with mine

and in regards to the 'which cats should i get' question, be aware that if u go too smaller CPSI u will throw fault codes at ur dash constantly, cause ur O2 sensors before n after the cats will have a field day with all the emmisions ur letting through.
iv been advised when i do this to my vz, to get aprox 200-300CPSI cats, as 100's will more than likely create dramas.