Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread

Bundybear69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 turbo
hello all,
just updating what i have posted previously, car is only now running due to major problems with the haltech just not working at all it now has a link ecu and as soon as it was wired in it fired up first crank( the haltech would only fire one cylinder and one coil) it is getting dyno'd and tuned mon/tuesday. unfortunately i've now had to replace the ecu at my own cost, which has disappointed me a fair bit but should not have been surprised as a few other bits and pieces i got from the same supplier have turned out to be complete **** and would have resulted in turbo failures/engine fires, i'm just thankful to the guys at HDTCQ for helping me thru this and being dead honest about some of the **** work/unsuitable components that were supposedly "the way to go".
sorry this turned into a rant but this turbo kit has had my car off the road for well over 12 months now, so i'm now dead keen to drive it. good luck to all with their own mods and buyer beware!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

Bundybear69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 turbo
got the car back a few weeks ago, car is going pretty well with a conservative tune and only 7 pounds of boost, made 200rwkw and 550nm. the power figure seems to me a little low as it goes far better than many of the v8's i've driven. had some minor issues intially as the throttle was surging but has since been altered and no more issue. It is bulk fun to drive and the turbo is spooling around 2200 rpm, so nice to drive when your cruising and a absolute rocketship when you stomp it. taking it to the drags next week, should be fun.

PHaSR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LUMINA
Howd it go on the 1/4 Bundy?

Have you got a thread on your car/build.

with having so many things done to your ride I'm sure a lot of people follow with interest or get ideas for things from that.
Any way you could put it up and maybe a list of people you would go to again, and who you would avoid?

Bundybear69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 turbo
hello PHaSR, haven't done a build thread, quater mile went to **** as diff is ####ed out, best i ran with only one wheel driving properly was 15.3 but my 60 foots were up to **** ( read 2.5+) as i'm still getting a hang of stalling it up as it's the first time i have ever raced before, i was also running on old,hard as #### street tyres so traction was also an issue. when i get home next week i will get the water/meth injection sorted( which i didn't have running when i raced) and go get probably a new centre and gears for the diff and probably put the nitto NT05 tyres i have in the shed on(street legal drag tyres). As a personal option I would avoid pro flow like the plague, as most of the gear in the kits has to altered to make it fit properly and the oil return lines and fittings were complete crap. My local mechanic/tuner basically took all the bits i gave him and either made it work or started again( very costly). Also the haltech i originally got didn't work even with a base tune supplied so i had to replace it with a link ecu so am out a few grand over that **** as well. Local guys were HDTCQ but if you go to him with an alloytec he'll probably cry and run away after the dramas he sorted out with mine( i think i'm sending him bald :) ) best MPH i ended up with was 94, hopefully when i have these issues sorted and get him to make the tune a bit less paris hilton(rich and retarded) i"ll be over the 100MPH. I'm still on the intial tune so it's safe as houses by i have my eye on a racing alloytec motor so given suffiecent money i'll wind it right up and who cares if i blow the motor as i"ll have the new one ready to go.

nickmoore8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ equip
hey im new to the site iv got a vz equip i was just wondering would the standard v8 exaust fit on the v6 model iv seen a few vids on youtube and seen it mentiond once or twice

shanen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon MY06
hey im new to the site iv got a vz equip i was just wondering would the standard v8 exaust fit on the v6 model iv seen a few vids on youtube and seen it mentiond once or twice
yes just need an additional hanger for the extra muffler.

cp993

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF SV6 Series ll
hey which Differential Gear Ratio should i get for my SV6 if i want improved acceleration and low end torque? can someone link me to one? thanks

Bundybear69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 turbo
hello everyone
just an update to how my car is progressing, recently did some minor road tuning with a friend of mine to the ute and took it to the drags, first pass was 14.75 but i ####ed the start up and the rest of the passes i blew the silicone hoses off mid track as the boost was coming on pretty hard(had to replace worm drive clamp for t bolt clamp) since then i installed a wideband 02 sensor and did extensive road tuning, car feels a shitload better. hopefully when i get back home i'll get another run at the drags and from the improvements i think i should be well set up to start to run down towards high to mid 13's. I really need to sort the diff out as i'm back on the stock 3.08's at the moment and need a 2800 stall to help with 60 foot times, MPH on my last 14.75 run was 98 so hopefully i'll get it up over the ton shortly.