Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread

Bundybear69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 turbo
hello to everyone not reading this
did some more road tuning recently and the results are just starting to get positive as i ran 13.7 at 104.4 mph with another road tune, more work to do on the tune yet but at least i have a truetrac and set of 3.9 gears on the way now, and am searching for a decent stall converter for it. so possibly with those two done can pull 13 flat or maybe even high 12's. ideally would like to get below 12.5 as thats as fast as i have heard of an alloytec going. maybe cams? boost is now up around 12 pound and thinking #### it and wind it up :)

Bundybear69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 turbo
hello all,
just a further update to my last post. put the car on the dyno and went 234 rwkw and 627nm. however was running extremely rich due to a sensor error, so now thats corrected will modify the tune some more and see how i go. finished the diff build, just got to install it now and reset computer for new ratio. also talking to a performance shop about torque convertor install so hopefully get that done and get shift points altered at the same time. so hopefully i can get around the 110mph mark on the track when it's done.

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
I got a VCM dyno tune, Catback exhaust, Mace manifold spacer and 3.46 gears when i got my SV6 a few years ago and it has run flawlessly. Nothing special but it goes ok and the 3.46 gears really help it around town.

justintravers84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just curious.just wondering if u got the cpr6 mainifold and the mace 25mm mainifold spacer for a vz sv6 would u then b able to fit an otr?and would u also see better power gains than if u just fitted either cpr6 mainifold or the mace 25mm mainifold spacer?

routier1642

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6
My understanding is that, since the CPR6 is tall, you will have trouble fitting a manifold spacer as well, without bulging the bonnet.
A 12.5mm spacer might fit, but it will still be tight.
If you have a strut brace, forget it.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Timing chains performance?

Looking to do chains on my 05 sv6 soon is there any performance mods apart from cams I can do while everything is apart? Is there any chain kits better than genuine?