Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Alloytec Performance Thread

steveyc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ V6 wagon
Over the radiator cool air intake. Not supposed to be much more effective than the 2 hole mod (thats what I did, and what I'd recommend) but some people seem to swear by it. If you have the cash to blow to find out for yourself you might be able to find one online.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

Smike3105

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 05 Calais
How many kms between major services? My VZ has done 250000, and ive just changed the oil and filters at home. But wondering about other things that are done at major services.

NCHedgehog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE V6 Alloytech
I just bought the 20% Powerbond power pulley set from MACE for 329 AU currency. It fit my 2009 Pontiac g8 v6 which is to my knowledge equivalent to the Commodore VE Alloytec. It seems to have gained more kick but I have no dyno results which means no number data. Id say worth the upgrade if you have the cash.

Revhigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Maloo

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
alright cool thanks.
so can i pick a mcai from a holden dealer or something.. and also do you guys think a mace manifold insulator is any good and where can i pick one of those up from?
cheers
Hi, get in touch with these people in the USA. They have good gear for the GM V6 engines at very reasonable prices. I know this as I purchased an insulated inlet manifold gasket from them and it cost me less than the Australian insulated inlet gasket including postage.

Intense Racing, 720 Corporate Blvd, Plain City OH, 43064-9251. Re Inlet Gasket for V6 ecotech engine. They do the alloytech parts as well. Also, I have no clue as to what the number above is. It was just included in the address details.

Revhigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Maloo
no longer available ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Sorry, it might have been covered, but there is so much to read...
Is there any bore kits available for the alloytec?

Dan1488nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS wagon
Many thanks Impusive , very Impressive.
Now got to work out which is most important....
Cheers
100% go for the shorter diff ... Totally changed how my VZ drives... It can actually do a sitter now lol where before it just groaned like it had TC.