Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The ultimate bulb replacement guide

CJK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE WAGON
Definitely easier through the wheel arches

SSRedline17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS redline
This is a great post mate well done. Very helpful. I have just emailed bling works to get a price for a full replacement like yours so hopefully they will be able to help me out..

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
Changed over just the front reading light in my 15 Sv6 to a led one. Only had one at the time. So now I have a bag of ten I tried to change both to the new ones and now my front won't work. Tried the old one, that won't work tried the old old one and that won't work. Should I be assuming a fuse problem

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
And while I'm here has anyone had a go with these or something similar?

Led halogen H7 replacement

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/232539042998
Such LED lights are illegal if used in housings not designed for this type of light source. Also, I recall correctly, where a light source puts out > 2000 lm, the housing needs a self leveling feature which halogen housings do not have (presumably presumably because output is < 2000 lm )...

Some have installed such LED headlights into their commodores and say they are great but oncoming traffic may have a different perspective...

On a side note, Vic Roads is rather concerned at such retrofitted LED headlight usage and will have a crackdown on them in the near future... Well, that’s what they told me anyway...

smitchy

Reaction score
Website
www.webchemistry.com.au
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SSV Redline VF Series II

smitchy

Reaction score
Website
www.webchemistry.com.au
Members Ride
Holden Commodore SSV Redline VF Series II
Changed over just the front reading light in my 15 Sv6 to a led one. Only had one at the time. So now I have a bag of ten I tried to change both to the new ones and now my front won't work. Tried the old one, that won't work tried the old old one and that won't work. Should I be assuming a fuse problem
It could be the type of led you used. I cannot vouch for anything else other than what i know ive used from bling. However yes maybe a fuse went, i do recall replacing a couple fuses before but i cant recall for what reasons.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
It could be the type of led you used. I cannot vouch for anything else other than what i know ive used from bling. However yes maybe a fuse went, i do recall replacing a couple fuses before but i cant recall for what reasons.

Cheers mate, yeah it's really weird as the front one that I changed worked fine for 2 weeks and then when I went to change it to another one it stopped working. Now absolutely no type of wedge bulb works. Oh well I'll check fuses .

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Solved

Last edited:

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV

Hey mate any chance you could point me in the right direction as to what fuse may have blown? I can't for the life of me work out which fuse would be integrated with inside lighting.