Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The ultimate bulb replacement guide

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Anyone know how to do the front if you have a sunroof? I've tried but it doesn't feel like it wants to budge? Ive got a 2014 VF SSV Redline.. cheers
The lamp pulls down from the Sunglass holder side but that bit doesn't open on the Sunroof optioned cars.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director

BrockS11

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF Clubsport R8
Nice write up! Got me keen to upgrade to leds all round too.

Pretty sure I fried something getting that tricky glove box globe out though :(

Don't suppose anybody knows where the fuse is for the glovebox light? I can't find much info on It, especially for the GenF.

chris2872

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VFSS
Nice write-up One question though, anyone got any info on replacing the globe that lights up the ring around the ignition barrel?

bsmith83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 ve berlina sedan v6/4a
What’s the best way to pop out the boot globe assembly?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
What’s the best way to pop out the boot globe assembly?
Remove the boot liner trim. This applies to boot lid too. Globes are accessible once trim is removed.

Cohen

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 Clubsport
Does anyone know of a good interior LED that will fade in and out like the stock halogen bulbs do on the VF's? Obviously, current gets reduced to the bulbs before they switch off as a normal feature of the vehicle. My current interior LEDs just make a slight noise, flicker during the fading process, and then turn off.
Is this fixable? or all part and parcel with LEDs in a system not really designed for them?
Thanks heaps.

chris2872

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VFSS
Does anyone know of a good interior LED that will fade in and out like the stock halogen bulbs do on the VF's? Obviously, current gets reduced to the bulbs before they switch off as a normal feature of the vehicle. My current interior LEDs just make a slight noise, flicker during the fading process, and then turn off.
Is this fixable? or all part and parcel with LEDs in a system not really designed for them?
Thanks heaps.
These don't fade in as far as I recall (maybe they do but I havent noticed), but these don't flicker. LEDs in VFs tend to behave differently from car to car but these work well in mine. Different colours and white are available too, but I got blue to match the exterior. Might be worth a look
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1844322...YD6UYdBRL6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Thanks heaps.

i used these in my vf commies and they didnt have an issue, i started with the wedge style ones and then moved on to the panel style because they were much brighter.
they both came from supercheap auto and were SCA branded.

wedge
wedge.jpg

panel
panel.jpg

Pazzu

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SS Thunder 2017 VF S2 SS
This thread has been immensely helpful... wish i found it before attempting it myself.
FYI for the front parkers, you can fit in T15/ W16W LEDs in there if you are looking to get some additional brightness.
The one i got a a 1:1 dimension to a standard T15 bulb(1.2 inch length and 0.5 inch diameter).
T15 and T10 share the same bulb base so there are not modifications required.

I'll be testing other areas to see where else can i also fit a t15 bulb.