Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Ultimate Tacho Thread

MUNTED6

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina
that happened to me so i had a spare coil pack in my shed i changed coils and the tacho worked(revs) wen i examined both coil packs the coil that didnt work was missing pins, so may u should try changing coils

UNDACOVER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
anyone no where to hook signal wire on vz alloytec.....thanks

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
need help for my autogage monster tacho. which wires do i cut at the back for a v6. theres a orange loop and a brown loop of wire?
cheers,

Last edited:

AdamAnt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
what wire do i use for a tacho in a vy v8

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8
Ok in a vl i have just wired up a tacho

on the back of the cluster there is a black plug which is the main plug for the cluster

on that plug in one of the corners is a RED with BROWN wire that is the signal wire for the tacho so just splice into it and connect your signal wire from your monster tacho to that wire....

there is also a negative wire on the back of the cluster so you can splice into that too....

and get your test light and check which has power there should be only one when ignition is off
when you turn your lights on to parkers there should be power to a ???Brown??? wire i think it is and you splice into that for your tacho light so when you turn your lights on the tacho light comes on!

dan0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
my car club is in the process of building up a drag car out of a VP commodore.

We have stripped the entire interiour out including the dash/cluster etc.

Wanting to hook up a tacho separately and have tried every combination of wires to get it to register. Will a tacho work regardless of whether the cluster is connected up or not? Should it matter at all?

cheers.

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
need help for my autogage monster tacho. which wires do i cut at the back for a v6. theres a orange loop and a brown loop of wire?
cheers,

Heres how you do it!

11k8v7k.jpg

LN3Vitara

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 V6 Vitara
Hey guys, I have a Suzuki Vitara that my son has brought off trade me here in NZ, it has a VP 3.8 V6 in it, the guy my son brought it off hasn't tied up all the loose ends so im slowly doing it up so we can get off roading in it. The vitara dash is gone, so im setting up my own gauges in it. So far I have got fuel, temp, oil press working. I am now stuck on the tacho, I've got a wiring diagram that tells me the signal wire for it should be brown, Ive connected that and the gauge doesnt like it, must be cause it is a digital pulse as has been posted on here, so i cannot find the brown/red wire or the other one with the white connector that other people have in their factory looms. Is there an output from the ecu or anything that has the correct signal? as the ecu is easily accessible for me.

Any help appreciated