Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The ultimate VR/VS fuel usage research page

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
I did this for my girlfriends Honda civic last week. Shes been saving all her fuel dockets for about 8 weeks, so I sat down and did the math for her. The Honda put the commodore to shame in that respect. Its about the same age - 94ish. It is pretty gutless, but can keep up with traffic. But fuel economy is about half of what we get, some weeks getting down to 6ish L/100km. Its got a tiny 43L tank, but can pull off more kms no problem. All those people out there who spend buckets of $ on a commodore to get tiny fuel savings - Get a small car. If you dont want the power, it will save heaps. I know that applies to almost nobody here tho - LOVE the power of the commodore.

for me its about practicality, ok yes im single and dont go out much also most of my mates aren't within 2hours drive so why would i want a 5 seater?

easy, for the once a month "cartingcrap" or for when my mates come down on holidays ^_^ but in all honesty i like the idea of my car having a little behind it compared to a runabout and its spacious enough for me :) oh and a few times the back seat makes a great bed ( no not for that, im single and dont go out remember? ) now and then i find myself a little far from home and tired as all buggery so its find a carpark and crash out safely..

arent i off topic heh heh heh

still getting about 100km/ 1/4 on my car though, additional weight is spare tire, style is sedate with occasional hard acceleration and im still prefering caltex regular.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Got bored and added up kopper69's total km's and fuel and got an average for his 45 week run.

Travelled - 13732.6kms
Fuel Used - 1577.49Ltrs
Average Fuel Consumption - 11.49Litres/100kms
Kms Per Litre - 8.70Ltrs/Km

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
lol. Wow mate! Pretty impressive. After I got a few weeks into it, I thought, I really should do this in a table or something, so I could convert it into excel and do the calculations a bit easier. Think it would be too much effort trying to match into the site though. Thanks anyway for doing that though.

Your timing is perfect, it has been almost exactly a year since I have started (Started on the 5th of Feb 06 - Last filled up on 13th of Feb 07).

Im under the 20,000kms/year average, by quite a bit, thats pretty interesting. Cant believe how much fuel you use though! Seeing that number is just amazing.

Thanks heaps for that, really appreciate it :thumbsup: Should I be sending any school kids who dont want to do their maths assignments your way??:p

I just used your figures and did another quick calculation to work out that my average travel out of a full tank is about 548.4kms.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
No worries mate. I've actually made an excel document with sums made up so all you have to do is add numbers. From Litres/100kms to converting Kilometres to miles. If i get bored i'll get all your figures on an excel sheet with litres/100 and everything else you've listed.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Done that excel sheet. I'll email it to you. Not sure how to post it.