Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Unthinkable

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I noticed on the weekend (after sleeping in my car) that my car consumed a LOT of fog on the inside of the car, and began forming a lot of condensation (on the INSIDE). I just washed the car, no abnormal temperature water or anything.. and it fogged up a LOT..

I'm beginning to think if there's a rust patch inside the window or something like that, thats leaking water in causing condensation or something like that!

Jimboss

Reaction score
Well, first up, condensation on the inside of the car while sleeping in it is nothing unusual, as your breath will heat up the cabin and the temperature difference between inside and outside will cause the windows to fog up. Just like when your all hot and bothered in a car when it's frigging cold outside it fogs up really quickly.

As to your car fogging up when washing it i really have no idea, maybe some other people could offer some insight.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Completely understandable.. but im talking condensation to the point you'd need a chamois to get rid of it.. NO joke.. I still have the stains from the water

(while sleeping).

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
stop having a flog in ya car when you sleep in it and are you sure there water stains

stop leaving yourself open to this it just makes it easyer for me :p

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Most modern cars are so well sealed that you need the air con going full time just to get air flow through them. When we were way out west, it was reasonably cool during the day, but when the sun was shining nicely, we had to use the air con on minimum. I thought "I'll just switch off the air con and leave the fan going. Nope. It started to get very hot and stuffy.
In the "old days" cars had heaps of air flow even stading still on a windy day...modern cars are so sealed up with rubbers and insulation that, as I said, even in winter on a sunny day you might feel the need to crack the air con now and then.

That being said, you'd be surprised at how much water vapour a human being will breath out over the course of a few hours, and then imagine it's at night and cool outside. No wonder it's filled up with heavy condensation. Our VS had a similar problem when it fogged up, as did our old Fairmont (almost to the stage of needing a chamois, as you said). Our VX hasn't done it...yet...

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Sleeping in a car without a window open sounds like a good way to die to me, there's no alot of air inside a car for 8 hours worth of breathing

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
when me n the missus had to sleep in the fairmont one cold and chilly night it fogged up like all buggery, and every other cold morning i went to the car (before sun up) it was never nearly as bad and had me wondering for days. but yea it's just cuz you were in it that it was so bad.:thumbsup:

EDIT: mind you though if you want just wake up extra early and check it out to see if it still happens as bad, you can always try that.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
greenfoam said:
Sleeping in a car without a window open sounds like a good way to die to me, there's no alot of air inside a car for 8 hours worth of breathing
don't you get 4-5 hours or so out of a coffin? <--- not that i'd know just thought i remember seeing it somewhere.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
just run the aircon more often. itll take the moisture out of the air. its recommended you do this anyway.
i get a bit of condesation in the camry. never found anywhere for it to get in (not saying its not there though) but it has no ac. i just wait for a nice sunny day and open it up in the yard.

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
smokey_dj said:
stop having a flog in ya car when you sleep in it and are you sure there water stains

stop leaving yourself open to this it just makes it easyer for me :p
chris mind out of the gutter....