Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Viral Thread

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Skydrol, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Trevor loves holden.

Trevor loves holden. Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    C'mon SlowMO only doing as he is told by the elites, allowing 200 effected people from a ship into Sydney to dock and walk around their city and allowing travellers and holiday makers return to this country, this virus is here not by chance its all orchestrate, its the recession we needed to have globally as world war is out of the question so this is the next best thing, the problem we going to have is not having supplies as we heavily rely on imports, lets hope our fuel doesn't run out. I feel for the people lining up for welfare payments and those working going through the stress of it all. So many lives turned upside down as we start to shutdown.

2. 1985VK

1985VK Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL
    Inverted commas? What do you mean? A punctuation mark? That is petty. If a novice came on these forums to challenge and disregard the skill and knowledge members have on the forums that would be unacceptable. But when someone knows something others don't then it seems to be a problem. That is a double standard.

A fancy degree? A person can spend 4 years full time on anything they like. Hypocrisy should not be one of them...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  3. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I am not agreeing with you. Just saying, while everybody points fingers at the US current administration, dealing with a game changer never seen before, fighting with a system filled with nothing more than haters, a media filling people's minds with garbage fearmongering/lies/misinformation. I think he is doing a good job given the circumstances. Do not mean to be rude but, he is in the USA, you are down there, bark at your own tree (PM). The US is not going to rescue you, that only happen in Movies.

Economically, China is done for good. Has been slowing down for years, we were in a global recession. The US Stock Market / US Fed Reserve died in 2008. The previous Admin, pumped artificially the Stock Market and Bailed Out Banks/Corps. 8 years later, with a hyperinflated Economical bubble, wars all over the place, a new Pressie and got 4 years of blocking legal useless fights to fix it.

Keep your opinions, biases, hate, prejudices aside if you want to see the truth.

And that is how the Gov get rid off useless eaters. Demographic Control , the gov must love you all ;)

marty351 likes this.
  4. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Mates, do not fall into this, at least, try to keep a rational mind.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

The Kübler-Ross model, or the five stages of grief, postulates a series of emotions experienced by terminally ill patients prior to death, or people who have lost a loved one, wherein the five stages are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Although commonly referenced in popular media, the existence of these stages has not been demonstrated and the model is not considered helpful in explaining the grieving process.

What we got so far

Denial: Cannot happen/will never here, overseas Chinese contagion, never in my nation, we are/have the best.

Anger: The Gov need to do this and that, why, Orange Man is bad, burn the wealthy... all pissed off on the matter and not related matter.

We are not there yet, will see later down the road.

Bargaining: What kind of shîtty deal are we getting, lets deal some.

Depression: Fück me sideways, cannot do shît with any of this.

Acceptance: No worries, it is what it is, lets watch more sports.

5. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    oppert
    interesting video also if you watch Eric the car guy on youtube on the parts industry during the COVID 19 crisis too

6. immortality

immortality No more smoky bacon :( Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    From an outsider looking that is not what we see. I see the same old **** just a different (orange) face.

Funny thing is, the US always took charge, get out of the way, we are the world police, the bastion of democracy and we will impose our will on you all...

And I don't expect you to save us, at this point you guys can't save yourselves with the way your President is behaving. We here in NZ are doing just fine and don't rely on the US and haven't done so for years. IT was only our previous PM who was sucking up to Obama.

Trump had full control of both houses when he started his term in office and couldn't pass major legislation, now he has lost control of the lower house and is struggling to get anything done.

You forget China doesn't play by our rules, never have and never will so all normal economic indicators are basically useless. They have a rapidly expanding military that at this point is almost unchecked and the US is loosing its sphere of influence in that region. The world map may look very different by Xmas!

J_D 2.0 and commodore665 like this.
  7. immortality

Members Ride:
    Never mind, good luck with Trump at the helm. You guys deserve him for another 4 years.

8. keith reed

keith reed Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    That is very, very unkind.

commodore665 and immortality like this.
  9. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    WTF are you on about ?

10. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Yup, that is the Free World for you.

Yes you are right, China does not play by the rules.

Cannot agree any more, the World will change, no doubt about that. Find a map that is about 100 years old, nations/empires come and go.

By the way, we got some F35s left, want to buy some?

Skylarking likes this.
  11. immortality

Members Ride:
    Nope but I'd take a squadron or 2 of Vipers.

TBH, I think something like the British Harrier jump jets would be ideal for us, we don't have a lot of large infrastructure to support large aircraft. We are a small nation so been able to disperse assets and operate anywhere is a much better strategy. Especially if we could operate aircraft from a ship without the need of a full size carrier which the Harrier can do easily.

12. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    but true ,

keith reed likes this.
  13. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    one our drivers comes from Lake Tahoe , he would be the most un American American I've come across , you can tell this guy has been around , his basic take on Trumo , " this guys a freaking idiot " , .
    On a personal note , I think America got who they deserved as President , by comparison to our own PM , well who am I kidding , there is none , on a side note , I'm on night shift tonight , starting at 5-PM so will be on the road when our level four lockdown starts , if the world should end , all I can say is - " Its been emotional " .

Attached Files:

14. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Lake Tahoe... how long he has been living in NZ?

15. immortality

Members Ride:
    My company is still trying to stay open and is now apparently in negotiation with the government....

Another company who claimed to be "essential" has had all their employees walk out today in protest. People power will hopefully win the day. I applaud those people.

And you are correct, our PM is one in a million. Damn glad I voted for her. Cool and calm in the face of adversity time and again even though the right wing media put the knife in on a daily basis.

I think it's a waste of time arguing about the Don. When the history books are written in a few years it will become clear what people really thought.

keith reed likes this.
  16. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Amen to that.

Skylarking likes this.
  17. keith reed

keith reed Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    NZ is very lucky to have a leader of the calibre of Jacinda Adern. I lived in NZ for about 45 years and I cannot recall a prime minister as good as she is. If Labour gets reelected at the next election they will have her to thank. There is nobody in Australian politics who comes anywhere close.

J_D 2.0 and immortality like this.
  18. 1985VK

1985VK Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL
    What are you on about?

19. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    few years now , he's got residency , hopefully soon they'll get citizenship

20. 1985VK

1985VK Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL
    Pay frozen for MPs and public servants
    "Federal MPs, judges, ministerial staff and top public servants will have their pay frozen as the federal government bolsters funding to stem coronavirus.

Federal politicians, judges, ministerial staff and department heads will have their pay frozen as thousands of Australians lose their jobs due to the coronavirus outbreak.

The ban on pay rises also applies to the heads of agencies such as the corporate regulator and competition watchdog, Finance Minister Mathias Cormann told The Australian on Wednesday.

"It's a clear expectation there's be no annual salary increase for these positions until after the coronavirus crisis has been resolved," he said."

https://www.news.com.au/national/br...n/news-story/b27fb90eb0e31580a23c0c0b794baf5c