Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Viral Thread

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Skydrol, Mar 13, 2020.

1. 1985VK

1985VK Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL
    While millions lose their pay and lose their jobs, the fat cats don't.

That handful of the hand picked faceless that write the rules behind our backs and hand it to the politicians to pass as "law" on a whim probably do not believe in fairy tales about "democracy" or "leaders" because they are part of a scheme... and who you vote for does not count for sh*t ...

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  2. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    I have been a centre left voter since I was able to vote , it's a fine line as to what a company can claim to be , essential or otherwise , frankly I was wrapped when the Government told the Warehouse to close , I'm not sure about Bunnings , Mitre10 Mega , Placemakers , for essential trade purposes being exempt .

keith reed likes this.
  3. keith reed

keith reed Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    The places you mention are essential services but only for those trades that need them to carry out emergency work. They are not essential services for the general public.

commodore665 likes this.
  4. immortality

immortality No more smoky bacon :( Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    Those companies are open but under heavy restrictions. They are only allowed to supply goods to those who are working on critical projects. They aren't just open to walk in customers from the street. I know that the companies my missus is involved with will only supply good on an on call basis and the goods will be packed and left outside so there is no face to face contact.

Right now, my business is still claiming they can run almost as per usual. It's fucked up. They are putting the company before peoples health. I'm getting calls from concerned staff as they don't know what to do.

5. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Just like our PM.

6. 1985VK

1985VK Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL
    Too hard to call in they are not going to put themselves at risk by going to work? Do they want someone else to make a decision for them? Do they need someone else to make a decision for them?

7. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    keith reed, J_D 2.0 and commodore665 like this.
  8. immortality

Members Ride:
    Since the announcement we have had no communication from our employer. Since the outbreak of Covid19 and the initial spread of the virus around the world the only thing the company did was print out a few WHO posters and put them around the place. People are worried about loosing their income if they refuse to go to work or worse (we don't work for the nicest of people and interestingly we are Aussie owned!). Our company works a 3 on 3 off style roster with 4 different shift, at any time there are 2 shifts of staff not at work and there has been a total information vacuum from them. This afternoon I called our H&S guy to pass on this message, he was sympathetic to what I had to say but that was about it. Today a letter was posted on notice boards stating the authority to run and showed a few different categories from the essential industries list (from the covid19.govt.nz website). Problem is, it's printed on Company letter head with nothing from any official Government department stating we actually have authority to trade. It's a total fabrication from a senior company manager. This is how much they really care about the safety of the workers.

I do believe at work our motto is "safety first" but it's all a lie. This issue of a lack of communication is typical and been a problem since forever and yet when we raise it they always promise to do better but the reality is, it's lip service. It's a well known fact the senior site manager will happily lie through his teeth to anybody with a smile on his face to achieve the outcome he desires.

Most of our managers are like your politicians, good for nothing oxygen thieves who couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery. No wonder this company is failing badly.

I am rostered to work tomorrow but I will not be on site. Our union organiser was in the process of helping to sort this **** out but he got called away to another company (Sistema) who's workers walked off site after been told they would be working as the boss classed them as an essential business so we are still in limbo.

9. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    When your military start patrolling the streets and enforcing the lock down, make a call to them stating the business is running in contradiction to the lock down.

That will test the validity of their decision pretty quickly.

Old mate might find himself in a spot of bother.

marty351 and immortality like this.
  10. immortality

Members Ride:
    We are doing this via another avenue but official government departments are snowed under atm so this is taking time.

11. immortality

Members Ride:
  12. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    According to ScoMo in last night's presser, every Australian that currently has a job is considered an essential worker.

We are chasing Italy, Spain etc down the path yelling out "wait for me, wait for me" whilst they are shouting back at us "Stop, go back !"

wetwork65 likes this.
  13. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    There is no phone number to call to "dob in" those breaching the directives ?

14. Baldoldfart

Baldoldfart Member

Members Ride:
    VY
    USA plays by the rules? What about your export enhancement scheme? USA floods the world market with subsidised goods. At prices less than it cost to produce.
    Remember a few years ago when Russia wasn't USA's best friend? The US told the world not to trade with Russia but were still dealing farm produce to them, now ole Vlad is Trumps best mate helping him win elections. Farmers get paid not to produce?
    Play by the rules, funny man Skydribble

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  15. immortality

Members Ride:
    We are exploring different avenues but this **** takes time when everybody you try to contact has a wait time/list.

VS 5.0 likes this.
  16. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Yup, funny I am.

17. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    "They'll" as a family and/or group?

18. commodore665

commodore665 expat Saffa

Members Ride:
    2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
    he and his wife

19. UTE042_NZ

UTE042_NZ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY17 Magnum Ute
    Don't know who you work for immortality, but think commodore665 mentioned driving so I'm assuming transport/logistics companies may be grey areas?

A business owner/CO can't just proclaim it is "essential". If there are any doubts, it probably isn't.
    https://covid19.govt.nz/government-actions/covid-19-alert-level/essential-businesses/
    See "Transport and logistics Lead agency: Ministry of Transport" (1/3 way down that page).

And..

Some transport/trucking companies deliver to/from primary industries and can claim to be supporting essential services (for those deliveries).
    "Essential" now includes businesses that supply essential support to a primary industries essential service.
    https://www.mpi.govt.nz/covid-19-essential-primary-sector-service-registration/

Businesses making such claims should be registered with MPI by 5pm tomorrow. You can phone MPI and dob them in if you feel your employer is risking employees safety (your co-workers, their families, your family, you).

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  20. immortality

Members Ride:
    I have done a number of the things above. Problem is, things are moving very fast and government is on the back foot because there are many employers who think they are essential when they are not.

Even if we are essential, we should only be doing those jobs that meet the criteria but at this stage our employer expects us to do all the normal work and this is clearly wrong. I have family members who work in other authorised essential businesses and they are only doing what needs to be done and all other work is been dropped.

Transport and logistics is running because supermarkets and service stations are allowed to be open. Clearly though if you are transporting toys then you shouldn't be on the road. Cows still need to be milked and milk processes so milk tankers are definitely on the road.