Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Viral Thread

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Skydrol, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Baldoldfart

Baldoldfart Member

Members Ride:
    VY
    Free enterprise at it's best, toilet rolls with trump's picture printed on them. Production in China but still available for shipment now! Designed and formulated by BigMouth inc. in CT in the good old USA and manufactured and printed by our good friends in China. I've heard rumors these have been that popular especially in the US that they've had extend production due to the demand. You chest thumpers are right, Trump truly is popular :D

keith reed and Skylarking like this.
  2. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    If Bondi beach give any indication of people’s lack of comprehension of the seriousness of this issue, what makes us think some business owners would display a more sensible approach to this pandemic given lots of $$ are at play for them.

We needed a formal declarations of state of emergency with stronger enforcement, punishment for non compliance, and this must occur much earlier than is the case today where it’s half hearted and continual mixed messages.

As is, doing investigations in the normal civilian peacetime way, after the fact, won’t help the situation and won’t ensure compliance is occurring. We need much more to happen, expedited civil cases is preferred but if that can’t de done, court martial since we are in essence at war with this virus.

In Austria there is already a criminal investigation occurring regarding a ski resort partying on after they were warned of covid19 infections. But it’s all too little too late. Even in NSW, some jerk coughed on a police women when doing his mandated reporting to the police station. He then said he had COV2 so was charged, bailed and now awaiting a May 6 court date... May 6... should have been the next day :mad:

Such things should be expedited so court trial, conviction and sentencing occur within days to act as a deterrent to the many morons within society that think this is all a joke and doesn’t apply to them. Only then will the recalcitrant people/employers pull their head in and tow the line ;)

figjam likes this.
  3. immortality

immortality No more smoky bacon :( Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    My employer has apparently seen the light. Not sure what the catalyst was but hopefully something I was involved in.

4. marty351

marty351 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vl gemini
    Can't court/s martial civillians, but I agree with your sentimonies.

5. 1985VK

1985VK Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL
    Who needs laws when people pull random rubbish out of a hat on a daily basis ... it's like a game of follow the bouncing ball ...

6. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    [​IMG]

VS_Pete likes this.
  7. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    "Paramedics are being overwhelmed by calls about bats and non-existent at-home coronavirus testing, ....."

Why are people so fcuking stupid ?

8. J_D 2.0

J_D 2.0 Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV and VE SV6
    Because Darwinism doesn’t exist anymore!

markalan1two likes this.
  9. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    People will always do stupid things . Sometimes they even remove themselves from the human gene pool. That's why the (generally posthumous) Darwin Awards exist :p

Oh, and education was no panacea for the 10 most educated darwin award winners :eek:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  10. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  11. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
  12. keith reed

keith reed Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
    On the news last night Channel 7 had an article on the corona virus. They said that the percentage of deaths was unknown but expected to be in the 1%-2.5% range. They mentioned that the death rate from the flu was 1%. There might not be a lot of difference between the two in the death rate.
    The big difference has been in the panic buying and the stockmarket crash. Also governments of the world reaction. The big question I ask is why and who stands to gain? For one the supermarkets are doing a roaring trade and there will be those who will make a killing on the stockmarket. When the stockmarket as it inevitably will recover the rich stand to make a fortune.

13. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Well, I place my bet on the market. Before, it was in a bubble, way too high to make some decent cash. Tanked and jumped in, so far, the stocks I bought, they are up 80%. Also, made some good coin in the Precious Metal Market playing with the Gold and Silver ratio. The best part, while I was working from home, mates and I engaged on Day Trading, no need for Gov handouts on my part :D Made some cash on both sides, better than working overtime.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    keith reed and markalan1two like this.
  14. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    [​IMG]

keith reed and VS_Pete like this.
  15. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    This sort of **** makes me so angry. Millenials that dont GAF. Was the same on Melb beaches on the news tonight. They don't care that the repercussions of this is full lock down. With basically no one allowed to even go to work. If my CEO has to shut all operations thats 200 of my colleagues and friends out of a job in a matter of days. Then I have the job of telling those under me sorry but the Millenials interstate has ensured the demise of your jobs and your last day is today.

VS 5.0 and keith reed like this.
  16. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Not bad, good for them. Sun bathing allows the body to generate the need it Vitamin D that keep you immune system helathy. Here is a thing. Most young people are healthier, why is that? One of the main reasons is Vitamin D3. The youngsters and even us, the older ones, that spend time outside, engaging on some sort of activity. Not only the body makes Vitamin D from Sun exposure, also get the chance to get their lungs working. A lot of pneumonia cases comes from the fact that older people do not fill thier lungs at capacity. Nasty bacteria is not purged and weaken immune system from been inside all day long is a mix for disaster.

Back in the day, when the Spanish Flu fücked the world. Was a common practice to put the sick outside, for some fresh air and sun. Seems to work back then, why not now?

The goddamned Gov with their so called Allopathic "experts" they do not know shît. The same idiots that create problems are telling you how to solve them.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Skylarking likes this.
  17. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    One can obtain sun exposure and vitamin D without being ignorant / arrogant cnuts in front of a sign telling them not to do what they are doing.

losh1971, Skylarking and figjam like this.
  18. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    This article needs to be spammed to all millenials:

Sixteen-year-old girl dies from COVID-19 in France

A 16-year-old French schoolgirl from the Essonne region has become the youngest person in the country to die from COVID-19.

The girl, called Julie and whose surname has not been revealed, was hospitalised Monday and died Tuesday evening at the Necker children's hospital in Paris.

Her older sister, Manon, spoke to the French press to warn that "we must stop believing that this only affects the elderly. No one is invincible against this mutant virus."

Manon said that Julie had no pre-existing illness before contracting coronavirus.

Along with the article about the 21 year old, healthy female from the UK.
    She recounted that Julie had a "slight cough" last week and when it worsened this weekend, they saw a doctor - from when the virus accelerated at a "violent" pace.

Even though the death rate from the virus among young people is low, France's public health body has said that 35 per cent of intensive care patients are under 60.

A 21-year-old woman died of the virus in Britain on Tuesday.

AAP

19. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Where I live, my missus is the House Supervisor of the town hospital, only 1 case of the 'Rona virus. The person is doing well, stable, no signs of getting worse. The rest of the cases are just the usual day to day stuff.

20. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    That's good.....usual day to day tuff is already getting bumped here.