Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Viral Thread

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Another thing you completely fail to note is that that many of hospital systems in the USA are now under so much stress that emergency and intensive care wards are full of Covid-19 patients
Wow, sure that you guys get a lot of drama that is laughable.

That is not true and I can vouch for that. My missus hospital is empty, lets say, undercapacity and not a single 'Rona patient. The emergency room hardly work. Last night, the only exciment was a drunk that hurt himself.

My sister works at the morgue in a major city. Still the usual deaths of accidents and murders or just good old natural cause deaths.

I take that back... I got a better story, the hospital parking lot. There is a group that either try to get in cars or steal the cars. One nurse got his Pick Up Truck stolen, found by the police few days ago. That happen at the hospital parking lot, security got doubled.

Last edited:

immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
Your elected leaders who either may or may not take the advice of the experts and advisors they hire. Dohhh.

Jacinda Ardern made it a health issue here in NZ and therefore Ashley Bloomfield led the response as the Director General of Health. We all got a longish holiday and only 25 people dead. In the US Trump knew all, ignored the advice of his experts and we have a death toll exceeding 300,000 (and counting).

The truly smart leaders know when to use the use the clever people around them.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV and VE SV6
But who decides whats right? I bet every leader in history has thought they're right.
There isn’t a decision to be made on what is right. There IS right and there IS wrong. It’s not a matter of personal opinion.

Is covid a dangerous virus that has killed a lot of people? Yes.
Is it worth saving the lives of people? Yes.
What is the best way to save the lives of people? Restrict the spread of the virus.
What’s the best way to restrict the spread of the virus? Restrict people’s movement accordingly.

See, it’s not a difficult thought process to come to the most logical conclusion.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV and VE SV6
There isn’t a decision to be made on what is right. There IS right and there IS wrong. It’s not a matter of personal opinion.

Is covid a dangerous virus that has killed a lot of people? Yes.
Is it worth saving the lives of people? Yes.
What is the best way to save the lives of people? Restrict the spread of the virus.
What’s the best way to restrict the spread of the virus? Restrict people’s movement accordingly.

See, it’s not a difficult thought process to come to the most logical conclusion.
We see the same crap with global warming where certain people (with the help of Rupert Murdoch) see global warming as some sort of ideological choice or war between opposing sides that have a different “opinion”. Facts care not for opinions and will carry on regardless!

We don’t argue over the existence of gravity or if the earth is round (a few nutters do but that’s beside the point) so why are people arguing over something that has been categorically proven by science.

The thing I find utterly laughable about the whole global warming situation is that it’s not the Amish saying that it doesn’t exist and they would be the only ones with the moral authority to argue this point of view as they don’t rely on science to exist!

Everyone else arguing the point is just a hypocrite because they have been perfectly happy to accept science to be able to drive their cars, air condition their homes, buy the latest electronic appliances but now science has come up with something that doesn’t fit your world view or challenges your own moral compass it’s all of a sudden a conspiracy or something thats a matter of opinion? It would be laughable if it wasn’t so serious.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Wow, sure that you guys get a lot of drama that is laughable.

That is not true and I can vouch for that. My missus hospital is empty, lets say, undercapacity and not a single 'Rona patient. The emergency room hardly work. Last night, the only exciment was a drunk that hurt himself.

My sister works at the morgue in a major city. Still the usual deaths of accidents and murders or just good old natural cause deaths.

I take that back... I got a better story, the hospital parking lot. There is a group that either try to get in cars or steal the cars. One nurse got his Pick Up Truck stolen, found by the police few days ago. That happen at the hospital parking lot, security got doubled.
I live in the desert and have never seen a polar bear, therefore they don't exist.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Santa Claus is good to go.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
It is still somewhat of a blunt instrument as tools go but it conservatively predicts that the entire state of California will run out of ICU beds by January 7th.

‘There’s No Place for Them to Go’: I.C.U. Beds Near Capacity Across U.S.
Fort Thomas, Kentucky: Hospital Occupancy 146%, ICU Occupancy 82%
Abington, Pennsylvania: Hospital Occupancy 77%, ICU Occupancy 102%
Hackensack, New Jersey: Hospital Occupancy 85%, ICU Occupancy 100%
Livingston, New Jersey: Hospital Occupancy 100%, ICU Occupancy 40%
Henderson, Nevada: Hospital Occupancy 116%, ICU Occupancy 99%
Gainesville, Georgia: Hospital Occupancy 111%, ICU Occupancy 95%
Chicago Heights, Illinois: Hospital Occupancy 82%, ICU Occupancy 100%
St. Joseph, Michigan: Hospital Occupancy 97%, ICU Occupancy 100%
Upland, Pennsylvania: Hospital Occupancy 90%, ICU Occupancy 106%

You may remember being informed earlier in this thread about how much faster viruses mutate than humans do, which brings the topic to the matter of the Covid-19 mutation that is spilling out of the petri dish that London has become since they didn't ever perform an adequate lock down. This latest of several new mutated versions has apparently acquired at least 17 mutations all at once and is approximately 5 times as infectious as the original Covid-19 variant (which is about 2.5 times as infectious as influenza). It is currently present in over 60% of the positive test results inside the M25 and has been detected in two people entering Australia (tested positive while in isolation). It has probably already entered the American population. The mutated variant is no more deadly but is much more infectious.

IR = Infection Rate (average number of people infected per contagious individual)
IR Influenza = 1.5
IR Covid-19 D614G = 3.5
IR Covid-19 B.1.1.7 = 15

The three current vaccines should work against this IR Covid-19 B.1.1.7 variant at least initially as they all develop an immune response against the existing spike. The concern is that the Covid-19 virus may adapt through further mutations to escape the containment of our current vaccinations, leaving us in the position we presently are with influenza, where the vaccines need to be regularly updated .

So, it is not going away. It is changing and in one year has already adapted to be more efficient at infecting its hosts (us). 2020 was just the beginning. I have a hunch the global population seeing in the new year in 2022 will be less than this year or may even be the start of a downward trend. I hope I'm wrong.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A record 621 people died of drug overdoses in San Francisco so far this year, a staggering number that far outpaces the 173 deaths from COVID-19 the city has seen thus far.

The crisis fueled by the powerful painkiller fentanyl could have been far worse if it wasn't for the nearly 3,000 times Narcan was used from January to the beginning of November to save someone from the brink of death, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Saturday.