Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scheme

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VN Wagon Exectuive
I've removed the pedal pads ages ago, as after staring down at them whilst driving, they lost their touch, if they ever had any.
Not entirely sure what to do in regards to the interior. May very well go back to stock colour for the center console, and keep the blue there as a spare?

I most certainly do intend to get it resprayed, however there's a few other things that are less costly I plan to do first, as a respray certainly isn't within my price range right now. As far as colour choice goes, as long as it's not necessarily a dark colour, and it's a consistent paint job (unlike my faded blue) I'll be pleased.

Scheme

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VN Wagon Exectuive
$102 for an l67 CAI?

are you mad?

Been searching for a CAI for less than $120 as I can find them only on ebay for $130 buy it now + about $20 postage.
Holden say they can't help me out, and to just try wreckers or ebay. Called about 9 wreckers in a 70km radius, and none said
they had any wrecks with a GM CAI, so when I finally found this one after 3 months of searching and scooped it up for $100 apposed to a $150 buy it now total,
I gotta say, I don't feel like I'm at a loss.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
you should of put a wanted ad on here i have 3 of them.

Scheme

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VN Wagon Exectuive
I should have, but it really didn't cross my mind until I read your post just then. Feel like a major ####wit right about now.

Scheme

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VN Wagon Exectuive
Sick of the grey door inlays, threw a bit of fabric paint over them, not too much however. Will later probably replace fabric entirely with something better. But for now, it beats the shitty faded grey:
DoorInlays.jpg

Scheme

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VN Wagon Exectuive
Once again, went over the engine bay, and made it immaculate. As the old saying goes; "Keep her clean, treat her mean".
DEGREASED.jpg

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
Have to ask, what is with the radiator overflow bottle/s on your car?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Ditch the Passenger side Overflow bottle they dont work well on a S1 vn, just run the top small hose back the the surge tank on the drivers and get a different cap for it, You dont need the overflow on them.

With the CAI the mouth on them isnt very wide so you can either hit it with a hair dryer and jam some wood in there to widen it or cut it back to the plastic markings on the CAI and widen the mouth more thats what i did also they dont seal very well at the airbox the plastic tends to sag so seal it up better, If you get a Cold air intake you might aswell get the best out of it..

Scheme

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VN Wagon Exectuive
Ditch the Passenger side Overflow bottle they dont work well on a S1 vn, just run the top small hose back the the surge tank on the drivers and get a different cap for it, You dont need the overflow on them.

With the CAI the mouth on them isnt very wide so you can either hit it with a hair dryer and jam some wood in there to widen it or cut it back to the plastic markings on the CAI and widen the mouth more thats what i did also they dont seal very well at the airbox the plastic tends to sag so seal it up better, If you get a Cold air intake you might aswell get the best out of it..

Thanks mate for the helpful suggestions. Yeah, I've always been curious about that overflow bottle as my last VN didn't have one. And I will most certainly take care of the CAI good and well when it arrives this week.