Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Vt Trade off

T

tommythe1

well heres the thing my VT is in excellent Cond,lowered 17" Avantis,Rockford Fosgate Sound, I went to some car yards in Bris to trade it for a station wagon, I just want a standard every day wagon dosnt have to upgrades,but the car yards want do a trade and give them money as well,y question here is ...are wagons of the same model worth more,or am i just as silly as i look,:bang:

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
www.sunshinecoastcommodores.net
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
tommythe1 said:
well heres the thing my VT is in excellent Cond,lowered 17" Avantis,Rockford Fosgate Sound, I went to some car yards in Bris to trade it for a station wagon, I just want a standard every day wagon dosnt have to upgrades,but the car yards want do a trade and give them money as well,y question here is ...are wagons of the same model worth more,or am i just as silly as i look,:bang:

Mate there is a great VT wagon for sale up here on the Sunny Coast. Brisbane Dealers are a bit harsh. It was at Pelican Motors I think.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Wagons have always been more expensive to purchase than Sedans.....

New or secondhand.....;)

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
tommythe1 said:
Even if you wanted to trade it in on another sedan the same as yours, the car yards would still want you to pay money as well. That's how they make a living.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
accentstencil said:
Even if you wanted to trade it in on another sedan the same as yours, the car yards would still want you to pay money as well.

I agree ....

You will only get wholesale or under on your trade in and you will be paying RRP or above at the car yard (including the cost of the warranty).

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
Some good points there guys, but not always true. Having worked in the car industry a long time ago, I would trade a car that I know would sell compared to a common looking one. If he spots a car that is coming to the end of its safety certificate period or the dealer has had it for a few months with no one being interested you might be suprised with what they will do.

T

tommythe1

Thats what I thought VT_Boi,all I want is a standard wagon for my Vt that is as I described earlier a "better than standard one" but no luck,the sound system alone in my car is worth thousands,I said that I would leave it in there,but that dosnt matter they think.....hmmmm,

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
tommythe1 said:
Thats what I thought VT_Boi,all I want is a standard wagon for my Vt that is as I described earlier a "better than standard one" but no luck,the sound system alone in my car is worth thousands,I said that I would leave it in there,but that dosnt matter they think.....hmmmm,

Sorry but your sound system may have *COST* you thousands but it's worth very little in the context of selling your car. Very few people will pay much extra for it and at best it might sway their decision your way if all else was equal.

Reaper

VT_Boi

VT Holden By Design
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VT Holden By Design
tommythe1 said:

Mate put an add up and see how you go. I am sure you will get some nibbles. :thumbsup: