Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The what now thread

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
second day since breakup.... still dont really have words for it.

I know people have relationships and stuff, but you have hte one that kind of effects most other things, where after it you realise you were only putting up with a job you hate because it was so you could be with them, and that you were only sticking around in a city you've had a love hate relationship and only stayed there for them.

Then they are gone.. your left wondering what to with life.. lots of ideas. u have a little money, u have a sweet car... dont have your diploma because you broke up the weekend you needed to catch up on assignments and now your lost with it and cant graduate.

Im sure lot of other people have had this stuff... im not really after bitching about hte partner, i dont date much.. gave up the differant girl each week.. its not really about her, she was perfect she just fell out of love, she's still one of hte best people i know.

Whats anyone else got to say?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Mate, know how you feel. I was engaged to my Ex partner, and had almost a three year relationship with this girl, for her to one day say "yanno what.. its over" then I find out its for a guy she was talkign to over the internet in the UK

You will learn to get past it, just start going out doing things you wouldn't normally do, and more importantly, hang out with your mates a lot more.. they will make you not necessarily forget about it/her, but make you happier :)

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
I left my hubby earlier this year for the same reason really... What I wanted when I was 17 is different now, it was one of those automatic relationships, it was a habit to say "love you" before hanging up the phone, no feeling to it anymore. I am only in West Aus because of him, otherwise I would have gone back to Vic within a month of moving here.

It's not easy, you go from having that one person you can rely on to only having yourself! But I guess me having kids made it easier to suck it up and get on with it, I cant pause life and be miserable because I'm heart broken, coz they wont allow that.

It does get easier, you get over mopeing around, you stop thinking about her so much and you'll learn to move on, maybe not straight away though it'll happen.

As for what now? Get happy, go out with mates, go to the pub, do somethign fun, and dont screw up graduating coz of a girl, you will get over her, you fail at that and thats a big regret right there.

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
Sorry to hear,
been there done that.

Dont have any words for you, as break-up effects each person differently.

as a famous musician once wrote/sang
"suicide isnt painless, when you leave everyone in pain"

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
what now you say! why not simply jump the creek

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Mate, keep ya chin up.

you'll find another lady sooner or later, relationships are like perennial grass they grow and wither so try to put things behind you.

Don't worry about the quals, have another crack next year but this time stay focussed, top the course and put more effort in. Don't wait until there's not enough time to get those results in; any subjects you dislike, do them first to get them out of the way.

You only get one shot at life, don't worry about pleasing others, get use to saying know, do what you want instead of pleasing friends family etc. if they don't like you for what you are then that's there bad luck.

Don't let this all get on top of you, get on with your life. Work harder at your job to take your mind off things; if you haven't got a job get a part timer or get 2 jobs; save your arse off, become a better person for the experience and above all be your self.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
she kinda just fell into my life and things went from improving to awesome. was looking forward to her graduation next year, had even fallen into loving cooking for her when she was so busy with studying i'd come over and cook for her while she was piled under assignments.

I cant even do mine now, if i stay in one place to long stuff just hits me. i've clocked up more k's this weekend then before... last night went on first cruise just so i was thinking about the road and nothing else.

I miss my mates as well, most of my close mates have moved away, i got hundreds of 'friends' but its not the same as your close mates. before we were together i had a lot of close female friends, after started going out with her a lot of them took off... turned out a few were after me and didnt buy that i wasnt looking for anything.

you would be surprised how many times you tell a girl that you just want to be friends and they dont believe u. and think that being close friends gets you with them.

anyway im not tryna bitch.... tryna find a way out of this positively and not let it destroy the good things the bought out of me. right now want to much to quit the job i hate and leave SA... this place is somewhere you want to come from but dont want to stay.

And as much as the guys hate it...... i dont want to fall back into the club lifestyle again.... yeah those days of being young and going out and picking up.... it was fun while it lasted and during the start of the relationship.... i missed it. but when i got my head around it... i didnt meet her in a club, i met her at state football championships..... she was perfect and i know theres not many girls out there like she was which makes it sad.

I meant what i said to her and everyone else when i'd say id rather have one of her than any of the girls at HQ or the tav.

I dont want to fall back into going out and drinking all night, i dont mind it..... but i dont want to be one of those guys, go out drinking hookup etc.

im 20 and i've already seen the dark places that leads to

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I'd like to say I know what your going through but I never was a relationship type of bloke and most my ex's because that because of me, so not going to pretend I understand what your going through.

However, I think it really sucks about your diploma dude!

What are the chances of you getting back on that horse? It would keep your mind occupied and be an investment for the future, so win win if you someone get back into the course I think.

I think the worst thing you could do is put your like on pause, stop moving forward.

I'm sure it sucks how your feeling at the moment, but if you get back onto working towards something, moving forward in life it would help you cop.

FYI, that's about as soft and emotional as i get. Now I have to go have a few beers and punch someone to manly back up. :p lol

Good luck mate!

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
but i dont want to be one of those guys, go out drinking hookup etc.

im 20 and i've already seen the dark places that leads to

warm, dark moist places....

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
^ exactly what i mean..... i dont wanna be one of those guys.

Mate of mine has differant girl 4 nights of the week (thurs-sunday) its his choice... but yeah... i just got sick of that lifestyle cos how addictive and self destructive it is