Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The what now thread

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by acex1138, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Chris E

Chris E New Member

Members Ride:
    Vr Executive 3.8

I've got to agree with this guy, use it as motivation to better yourself. I was in a similar situation as you (wildvs2). I realised I spent way to much time and effort on a girl, and since then just like you I've started hitting the gym a lot, getting heaps better grades at uni and am moving up very quickly at work. However I did the stupid thing when she begged for me back and said yes, obviously didn't end well.

But acex throw yourself into something else to get your mind off it, I converted my car to a manual to keep my mind off it. Don't let it stop you from things in your own life, you've said its cost you your diploma if it was me I would try and get that back on track as others have said.

2. acex1138

acex1138 Post Overlord

Members Ride:
    Kawasaki GPX
    ive been driving a lot, got new speakers yesterday put them in and drove a lot more today. im now tryna focus on my tafe work. as soon as im not driving and tryna do something. it all just hits me in teh face and theres no focus

3. levymetal

levymetal TURN MY HEADPHONES UP

Members Ride:
    HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
    two shots will never go down the same... nofx? or did they just get it from someone else :p?

op: you need to cut off all contact. if she tries to contact you, ignore her, DO NOT give her the satisfaction of knowing that you still care about her. i've dragged this **** out with a bitch ex of mine for 6 months now... just talking every now and then... most of the time she texts me and i abuse her, but she's still getting the attention, so she keeps on going. she's trying to get back with me but i ****ing hate her, and the dirty slut is ****ing around with other guys (lying to me about it of course), so really, well like i said i ****ing hate her and she is a dirty slut. enough is enough and i'm just never going to respond to her again... it's really hard but what can you do. you don't want to end up like me wasting 6 months of your life when you could be getting out there finding a better girlfriend.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  4. acex1138

acex1138 Post Overlord

Members Ride:
    Kawasaki GPX
    i dont get people who are like that. im not tryna sound better then everyone else, most relationships are a mistake. this one was differant. it just didnt work out because of how she feels.

yeah i'd love her feelings for me to come back but its probably not gonna happen. she knows i still got something for her and she wants to be friends, today i told her im backing off until shes finished exams because its gonna be awkward, i dont evne know if it will work

we were only friends a few weeks before we started going out... so its not liek theres a foundation to fall back on. she knows she can still call me and talk if stuffs up

5. yZoH

yZoH //There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...

Members Ride:
    (0.o')
    Only thing I hav to say here is

Find the real you...

I was in a relationship with an ex 2years or so, did things just to make her happy, etc...

You can never regret something that made you smile but you can always find the real you.
    And the "Friends" Business doesnt always work, If it was true an real, friends will never work cos you'll always have that spot in your heart for them, So you n ever want to see them with someone else...

Goodluck mate.

Cheers
    MaT

6. Lumps of cheese

Lumps of cheese welcome to the machine

Members Ride:
    83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
    Mate, you're 20 with your whole life ahead of you. You will get over this and you will bounce back, just get out and have some fun to take your mind off things for a while and you'll be back to normal in no time.

7. rb26dett

rb26dett New Member

Members Ride:
    VT SS S2 A4
    If I have learned anything in my time on this planet, it is that people dont just fall out of love without someone else being involved.

We have all been there, take some time out for yourself, do the stuff you want to do and before you know it your on top of the world again.

8. acex1138

acex1138 Post Overlord

Members Ride:
    Kawasaki GPX
    hozy couldnt have said it better.

and yeah i know the whole im 20 im young stuff. i dont want to go back to a differant girl each night or be one of these people who at 30 is still tryna be a player or divorced or something. i know what kinds of girls are worth it and which arent.

why i steer clear or girls u can sleep without much effort or who have slept around. sounds christian but after a while u realise that someones actions are who they are. how many girl-friends ive had who go after the bad boys thinking they will change just for them. its the same with girls for guys. no one really talks about it tho

9. Low_VX_Taxi

Low_VX_Taxi Blanned

Members Ride:
    Blundstone boots
    +1 for finding something to focus on.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  10. Chris E

Chris E New Member

Members Ride:
    Vr Executive 3.8
    My advice is that friends after having feelings that strong will just not work. I've been there with my ex, we spent a long time after we dated pretending we were just friends and that neither of us felt any differently than just friends, ended up very messed up and a lot of people, not just us, got hurt through it and it wrecked a lot of friendships.

Our relationship was similar, our feelings just didn't work out at the time and with our lifestyles neither of us had the time or energy to try and work it out.

I think you should just keep on doing what your doing, focus on other things etc, if its meant to be it will work out itself.

11. SV62NV

SV62NV Scuba Steve

Members Ride:
    MY09 VE SV6
    Exactly mate, after my ex and I broke up, i knew i had to do something to get my mind over it, so a lifestyle change was in need, and it was the best thing i've ever done :)

Also with the 'just be friends thing' +1 to it not working, when you see each other that awkward feeling is there the whole time, I just completely shut my ex out of my life and it was the best decision, if they message you or try to speak to you, either give them the cold shoulder or keep the conversation short. Because if those feelings end up coming back you will be at square one.

12. redcv6

redcv6 supercharged intercooled

Members Ride:
    vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
    orange whip is amazing. actually there is only one club that is better... dekota.

13. Philthy

Philthy That dent guy

Members Ride:
    3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
    Bahahaha

Best answer yet.

Spend time doing whatever the hell you want to do. Feel free to do the things your ex wouldn't have approved of you doing. I used the time to really find out exactly who I was, instead of always being who everyone wanted me to be

14. acex1138

acex1138 Post Overlord

Members Ride:
    Kawasaki GPX
    so freaking tempted ot quit work. just finished my shift...... i didnt even talk til 10am (five hours after i started).

Starting to get tempted just to axe stuff here and go east. find an adventure out that way

15. Dum*P*ster

Dum*P*ster Moist

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 SIDI
    Soz about that. Needless to say, I've had it to.

AS for your diploma Im sure you can re-do it if im correct??

16. sleek_vp

sleek_vp sleek_vp

Members Ride:
    VS ute
    your mates a lucky bastard but i cant understand where your coming from coz now your sounding all emotional like sleeping around is bad for you but i bet soon enough youll jump straight back on that train

17. S.T.K.E

S.T.K.E Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle

Members Ride:
    2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
    Mate i know how you feel.

Broke up with the ex about a year ago....was with her a few years and i myself been 20 now, it was hard to get back into the swing of things again, not that i am old but been with someone you miss out on opportunities to go and party and experiment with mates, been that you are unable to lead a young and single life. we trying doing the on again off again a few times but it just failed. I lost a very large group of friends and felt pretty lonely for a while. But during times like that you do know who your true mates are and i am glad that i still have them.

What has come of it:

I lost 35Kg. I must say that i look quite good and it's paying off *giggty* and my level of self confidence is through the roof i feel pretty damn good about myself
    I have met heaps of new people
    I have all my prerequisites to apply for the Queensland Police Force
    + many more things that i can't quite think of at the moment.

Some of Life's relationships suck, that's when you need to have a teaspoon of concrete and move on.

18. Philthy

Philthy That dent guy

Members Ride:
    3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
    Yeah thats true ^^

I look back now at all the great friends I have, and so many of them have come from being single, going out and just chatting with randoms.
    Just go meet new people (not just going out to hook up with chicks), and you will be having an awesome time with new friends in no time

19. fabz

fabz I Can Do Science Me

Members Ride:
    Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
    Your 20 and the weight of the world is on you.....harden the **** up. God forbid something really bad happens to you. Partners come and go, if your lucky to find the perfect fit then good on ya, if not play the field and shag your little ass off hahaha

20. Panya

Panya Im..a..BANaNnA!!11!

Members Ride:
    VU II 3.8Ltr
    you'll be right mate, figure it this way, least you havnt wasted any more time/money/fuel on her, take what you learnt from the relationship, good points and bad points and grow as a person, leave the baggage in the last bottle of booze, pick yaself up, dust yourself off and move on with life, bitches dont mean **** at the end of the day, ring up ya mates and go, im sorry ive been under the thumb for so long, if they're true mates they'll understand after some slight ribbing, you dont have to sleep with 5 girls every week if you dont want to man, no ones tellin ya to, rebound root does help though but not essential. Dont let her affect any more of your life man, she left you, made you feel like turd, erase her from your phone at once so you dnt get paro and call her at 3 in the morning (BIGGEST MISTAKE!!!!)

You WILL bounce back, might take a week or even a month, the shitty feeling does go though, and eventually you will find another girl, just smile when your passing a cute chick in the shops, coz you just never know what will happen.

in closing, bitches dont mean ****, and men are ****in awsome coz we pee standing up.