Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Window Tint ULTRA MEGA MEGA THREAD!!!

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I am looking at getting my Windows tinted in the next week for my new car. Can anyone suggest a place in Melbourne area with good tint? I know Tint-a-car is pretty big. I want a lifetime warranty on it too. Does anybody in here know if the mirror finish window tints with a colour in them illigal in Australia? I see them in the US car mags and that. they look good. Kinda like looking into sunglasses and all you see it your own reflection. I assume that as other driver's can't see you then they would be illigal. I got my first car tinted at Premier Windscreens. They did a good job but I am looking for the best price for value. They cost a bit extra and considering I am tinting a wagon this time will cost a little bit extra.

holdenlover

Reaction score
Got mine done at Express Tinting (Brisbane). They did a top job!
Just had a quick look at white pages on-line for them in Melbourne.
Could not see them there.......sorry

Stick with the big guys and you usually don't go wrong.

P.s. Those mirror tints can bring your remote range right down.

R

Rajah

I have had my last few cars tinted and I have used Australian Auto Tint in Ringwood. I have been very happy with their work and they offer a life-time guarantee. They are near Car-City, if you know where that is.

Australian Auto Tint Pty Ltd
401 Maroondah Hwy Ringwood 3134 (03) 9870 6800

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
If you live near Moorabbin on Warrigal Road I know a good place that did an excellent job on mine.
I think they're called InstantaWindow or something, very professinal and life time warranty. Decent value, give us a mesage if u neeed a number..

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
you not the only one looking at getting you windows tinted
mine are already but has factory tint and the back window
is so fucked it's not funny i will take a pic and post it to show
you wat i have to put up with untill i get it to a shop to get it done
i swear there is almost 200 bubbles on the back window,
the rest of the car is cool,

just waiting for the pigs to pull me over and give me yellow sticker
because it's hard to see out the back

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Thanks for your comments everyone.

Thanks Rajah, I live 5 mins from Car Chitty. I will check em out for a price.

Thanks MaNiac_VP, I got my last commy done on Warrigul Road in Moorabbin at some windscreen joint up the road from the car yards. Near North Road. I think they are National or something. They did a good job back about 6 years ago.

I checked out Tint-a-Car. They seem to cost a bit more however as they specalize in the whole thing they offered me like 3 different types ranging from like 240 up to 450. As this car cost me a little more maybe if i want a good job I should stick to them. I am still in the pricess of getting quotes.

Hehe.. sounds like you got the do it yourself home job MuNtEd. Bubbles are bad news. Looks like those dodgy Asian cars with bubbles all over the back windows.. hehe..

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
don't know if you have novus down there?

but up here they do a quality job, i got quoted 300 for the vl for 3m scotchtint, the darkest legal that they have, lifetime guarantee.

340 or something similar if they removed the previous tint for me.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
make sure you get it in writing that the tint* is legal. there are minimum requirements for light transmittance and a lot of tinters will just earn you a defect notice.

ask a lot of places for this guarantee and i bet they will umm and ahh. time to walk away...

*almost all tints are legal but the combination of window glass and tint often is not, as glass has its own tinting factor.

B

boss

Give a shot at tint-a-car they are the best value for money and lifetime warranty. For Convience try Tint Professor, they both have deals all the time, and tinting is so cheap right now!

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
anyone have a rough guess
oh how much it will cost to tint the back window only
yes my car is fully tinted
but the back window has lots and lots of bubbles and wish to replace it
any ideas ????

and also a might said i should get it darker than the rest
to make it siiiick