Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Window Tint ULTRA MEGA MEGA THREAD!!!

B

bns-sticky

All it would of been is that the window was cold and the sudden heat would of caused stress thus made it crack. Nothing to do with the tint.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
hhmmm my uncle used to always disconnect the demisters on cars that he tinited... he always said to prolong the life of the tinit... not get bubbles etc.... but wow never heard of the window breaking!!!

I would be askin questions.... Im sure if this kind of thing normally happened it would have been included in your list of "don'ts"

D.

cantelo

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Column Shift?
bns-sticky said:
All it would of been is that the window was cold and the sudden heat would of caused stress thus made it crack. Nothing to do with the tint.

Thanks for the comment, but what the **** would be the point in demisters.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
cantelo said:
Thanks for the comment, but what the **** would be the point in demisters.

Yeah.. If you poured boiling water over the windscreen on a freezing cold day, fair enough. The gentle heat of the demisters shouldnt do it though..

Take it back..

cantelo

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Column Shift?
Countess said:
hhmmm my uncle used to always disconnect the demisters on cars that he tinited... he always said to prolong the life of the tinit... not get bubbles etc.... but wow never heard of the window breaking!!!

I would be askin questions.... Im sure if this kind of thing normally happened it would have been included in your list of "don'ts"

D.

Thanks. im so confused, i re looked at my list of dont's and turning demisters on wasnt there. im pretty pissed off, pay for tint then window breaks. i have to buy a new freaking window then tint it again. i dont wanna have to pay for something tint-a-car didnt tell me.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
bns-sticky said:

This would be the most likely scenario, but it would either have to be some fault with the demister or an fault in the back windscreen, and everything just fell into place for it to crack.

Spike79

Just Confused!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6, VP Berlina LX, Citroen C3
Geez! what are the chances of a car tinting place stuffing up your rear demister?... Sarcasm!

I've had my windows tinted on two different cars. On both occasions the rear dimister no longer worked properly after the tint was done. Both businesses took no responsibility for what had happened.

Having said that, my guess would be that they have stuffed yours up too. If only some of the demister lines work, for example the top works and bottom doesn't like mine, then possibly there may have been some expansion in the warmed up part of the window and none in the cold part causing it to shatter.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
thats insane man, the same thing happened to me a coupla months ago...
i walked into my garage one morning and the rear windscreen looked exactly like yours does in the pic.
i still dont really know what the hell happened, mine was also tinted, but i wasnt using demisters the night before (last time i drove it).
when i got the windscreen replaced, the guy said they crack like that all the time (which i thought was weird because id never heard of it happening) and that there wasnt neccessarily any particular reason for it, they just "wear out".
i dont know whether he was for real or just spouting crap, but i think its pretty weird for a windscreen to just shatter for no apparent reason.

kirkson

Captain
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr v6 exec duel fuel
Take it back to the tint guy if he didn't tell you of any issues, then i would concider him liable, teh onus would be on him to replace the window and the tint, if he dosen't agree get some free legal adviceregards Kirk

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
definately take it back, its their fault