Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The worst/funniest ricer I've seen all year

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
ok here ya go boys this was my nissan exa i brought from melbourne and drove it back to tasmania. took me 2 months to get it back on the road as the previous owner didnt know how to look after the engine and in the first day of driving it the engine blew. BUT i tell ya that think had soo much power i could sit at the lights (and i did it) and i would get all these stock holdens come up beside me with there v6's and try and drag me i would be thru to the next set of lights before they would even have a chance to pick up there jaw. only thing it had that wasnt stock was a thumping exaust. i love my holdens but i think that if you look after a car and treat it right any car can look good and go like a shower of ****. i agree that nothing is better than having the feeling of power under the bonnet i drive a toyota lexcen myself.

Im told the turbo's have twice the go in the nissan exa's so maybe some of you BIG holden fans need to go and take a ride in some of these JAP ricers might surprise you.

Shame the car is in the wreckers now (sold it to a car yard and they sold it to a P plater he couldnt handle it on the road) :rip: Lil Car

Nissan Exas (engine) are nothing but an overglorified nissan pulsar (engine). all the engine components, driveline and running gear are pretty much the same az well juss a modified chasis. they are light but are prone to engine probs (my wifes pulsar went thru 3 engines 2 pulsar and one "exa" turbo engine). I found the exa was quick off the line but lacked top end and once hitting any speeds over 80km/h started getting death wobbles. Im not dissing all jap imports, juss hate the exa (no offence juss my opinion) and ive outrun a few off the lights in my gas (lpg) v6 NO MODS AT THE TIME. My personal favorite Jap import is the 200sx. I was born n bred on HP Imports (my father drives a turbo subaru liberty and my mom drives a Toyota switchable 4WD FWD wagon) but I converted to holdens for a few simple reasons: More factory power for a cheaper price, cheaper to get parts aftermarket (such as powersteering pumps, body parts, lights and n e thing else that may get damaged). This thread is dissing OVERBAKED OVER THE TOP cars not japanese, there is actually more overdone holdens here than jap imports! have a look n u will see alot of the forum members own/have owned jap imports n the like. Sory bout my rant and I dont mean u any offence, and your exa was nicely styled and definately not "Rice" :thumbsup:

Psycho_aus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Lexcen 1992 Model
problem with all cars is unless you own it from new you dont know what your getting its like when you go to a wreckers and buy a second hand engine the wrecking yard can tell you oh the car wasnt driven hard but do thye know the history from new...... i appreciate your input about the exa's but i never had one problem with mine and i was more often about the 130-140 km/h mark that i was under. i would prefer that my wife had driven the exa over the top of the lexcen we own now simply cause its front wheel drive and they dont slide out as much (not helped by bald tyres lol) i guess the pulsar wasnt looked after or maybe the engines were just duds im told some of the turbos are a bit dodgy but i never had a turbo so its not for me to comment. i do know that if you put a standard holden beside some of these stock off the factory floor japs and put them on the open country road the holdens would never keep up you have to think that the japanese dont have highways like we do so its mostly corners and city driving. where as we aussies have lots of highways so the cars are based around the road over here.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
problem with all cars is unless you own it from new you dont know what your getting its like when you go to a wreckers and buy a second hand engine the wrecking yard can tell you oh the car wasnt driven hard but do thye know the history from new...... i appreciate your input about the exa's but i never had one problem with mine and i was more often about the 130-140 km/h mark that i was under. i would prefer that my wife had driven the exa over the top of the lexcen we own now simply cause its front wheel drive and they dont slide out as much (not helped by bald tyres lol) i guess the pulsar wasnt looked after or maybe the engines were just duds im told some of the turbos are a bit dodgy but i never had a turbo so its not for me to comment. i do know that if you put a standard holden beside some of these stock off the factory floor japs and put them on the open country road the holdens would never keep up you have to think that the japanese dont have highways like we do so its mostly corners and city driving. where as we aussies have lots of highways so the cars are based around the road over here.

Pulsar was given to her by her mum (who owned it from new) and it was PERFECT! (engine couldve eaten off it!!) it was serviced from new from the same mechanic (her uncle) 25 tho kayz on the clock, second engine reconditioned engine installed by her uncle (ownz a wrecking yard same one who serviced it) from a car that had done 65thousand kays. The missus now has a commodore and has no problems wit it. You mustve got a good buy wit ur exa :thumbsup: and yeh the turbo ones were plagued wit problems (sorry I thought urs was turbo) , Id honestly say the Holden v6 engined cars (factory) would flog a jap import on the highway (as long as it wasnt supercharged or turbocharged or a V8), because of exactly what you said "the japanese dont have highways like we do so its mostly corners and city driving" but on the track the japs would do better (factory) due to better handling lighter etc.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
also put better suspension (shocks AND springs) in it (and new tyres lol) and the commo will handle a bit better, my wife complained bout the handling of the commo compared to her pulsar and these little things fixed it heapz. sory for the rant juss this isnt a jap import "Bash" thread and the mods watch out for that kinda thing. :D

Psycho_aus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Lexcen 1992 Model
i know what your saying man and i love having that extra power under the bonnet to plant the foot and feel that theres the power there when its needed. was just saying some people bash the jap imports saying there crap and never driven a descent one remember my car was lowered so all the air was forcing the car on the road my wife and i are planning to get another one just like it still kick maself to this day for getting rid of it but hell to me a family is more important and i have a car thats got twice the power now just gotta slow down for the corners now:whistling

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
SV6000....why?

i was asking prOn what car he owns, i have seen pics of your sv6000 but havnt seen it around town at all.

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
Seems this thread has died off abit, but saw this today and didn't wanna start another thread so... dunno wether you'd classify it as rice.

Attachments

• rice.jpg
    rice.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 416

m0nkey

el mono
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
:( I am also an ex exa driver,

I loved my exa, never let me down(360000+ ks on the odo), used 7.7 liter/ 100 kms (driving the t*ts off it) and would eat up most stock commis until it reached terminal acceleration at arround 160 (after that it just crept its way past the 200 end of the speedo)

sure the commodore is more comfortable, you dont feel like you have been riding a horse all day after an 800Km trip and my mother in law doesnt think less of me, but I do miss having fun with that little turbo exa .... if only the commodore could lose some damn weight!

m0nkey