Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

theravens VX II Super6

theraven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Z - VX Berlina
Hey everyone.. thought I'd share my new car.. basically a journal for myself mainly and anyone else who wants to follow
This is my first serious car purchase with the intent to do her up and watch her grow into a beast..

Current Specs :-
Model: 2002 VX II Super6
Trans: 4 speed automatic: GM 4L60E w/ Stage 2 Shift Kit
Engine: 3.8L Supercharged V6
Suspension: FE2 Sports
Wheels: VE SSV 19" Silver
Tyres: Front 245/35/19 , Back 245/40/19
Colour: H154 Quicksilver

Future Mods :-
Springs: Lower to SL
Engine: Upgrade to 10 PSI Pulley
Exhaust: Extractors with 2.5 Pipe and high-flow cat
Tint: Hoping to get away with 25% Tint as long as i can
Wheels: VE R8 Rims (maybe)

9/01/2015
I have just bought a VX II Super6 on the 9th of Jan 2015, Swapped my old VS II Clubsport for it which wasn't in the best shape but also wanted a safer car for the missus to drive if i feel the need to booze it up :p
below is a photo from the day i saw it and looked over it to make sure i was happy with the idea of swapping.

IMG_27411_zps310cd1e4.jpg

Had a look over the car and was quite impressed with the condition it was in, there were a few issues but overall i was pretty happy with it.
Some of the issues included power window switches which didn't work, and also a keying across 2 doors and front quarter panel which is kinda hard to see unless you look for it
under the hood was clean as!! new leads, plugs, gaskets redone, new rubbers the works..

16/01/2015
I got my Roadworthy and shot up to Vic Roads with a big grin on my face got my transfer and rego paid for and hit my mate up for a set of VE SSV 19" Rims slapped them on and found out quickly that 245/40/19 that comes standard on VE Utes don't fit my VX .. fronts rub on the shock guard... so painfully i remove front and replace with the black 18"s and put the rear 19" on instead as i know these fit

19/01/2015
Monday decided to head to The Tyre Factory to get 2 245/35/19 for the front rims.. 2 hour wait :/ busy guys they are..

Below are the photos from Monday Afternoon, Decided to give my Nikon D5200 a work out.

DSC_1573_zps65a1a20e.jpg

mycar_zps9fc38c5f.jpg

27/01/2015 Installed Stage 2 Shift Kit

05/02/2015 Installed Alpine stereo, Sony Amp and Sony and Pioneer Subs

29/05/2015 Upgraded my car, So Selling my baby.

I'm by no means an expert so if you want to throw in your 2c, I'm open to criticism.

Hope you enjoy the joyride as much as I am
theraven

Last edited:

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
Nice ride, those power window switches are pretty common. Both of my VTs came with them busted but there $30 online for new ones tho.

Definitely get 244/35R19 tyres alround once the rears are bald as they'll be throwing your speedo out ATM.

With 10psi pulley and a full exhaust these cars start to became fun to drive if you have LSD too. The hi-flow cats tho only add noise and no power gains (I had my old one on the dyno before n after cats were changed)

theraven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Z - VX Berlina
Nice ride, those power window switches are pretty common. Both of my VTs came with them busted but there $30 online for new ones tho.

Definitely get 244/35R19 tyres alround once the rears are bald as they'll be throwing your speedo out ATM.

I already scored a switch from my brothers commodore he's only ganna scrap it after he takes what he wants from it..

Also a friend of mine offered some cheap super lows all around plus he also has 2 tyres that are 245/35 so that's sorted :)

Next weekend I'm going to be getting shift kit installed $250 includes service on the tranny

With the high flow cat the noise is quite fine .. Even if there's no power increase long as the sound is good

Slowly is coming along.. :D

VXSS.195

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX SS
Looks like a pretty nice example of a VX you've got there. Should definitely look the goods on SL's.

Do the supercharged 6's go alright?

Following with interest :thumbsup:

theraven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Z - VX Berlina
Looks like a pretty nice example of a VX you've got there. Should definitely look the goods on SL's.

Do the supercharged 6's go alright?

Following with interest :thumbsup:

Should get my hands on the SLs soon.. this guy im getting them off, gets distracted easy and hard to pin him down :p but yeah soon as humanly possible ill slap them on

and yes the supercharge 6 goes alright.. Has some nice power behind it, decent get up and go.. im hoping to get the 10psi pulley on it as my next main job..
since driving my vs clubby id say its pretty close comparison as in take off and pulling power.. but i hadnt driven it in almost 8 months so maybe i've gotten softer :p

Last edited:

theraven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Z - VX Berlina
Well this morning bright and early I drove over to Thomastown at 6:30 from Narre Warren to make a 7:30 booking at MPS to get my shift kit put in..

Was kind of nervous wondering what it'll feel like after its installed.. didnt know if it was going to be neck snapping shifts or what..

Anyways the mechanic went for a quick spin to get a feel for the gears i guess to make sure that the tranny was in decent shape to install
came back and popped her up on the hoist..

IMG_28211_zpsa487d1db.jpg

So while i had 45 mins or whatever to waste, noticed they had a free arcade machine in the shop, decided to have a scroll through the games.. and being a 80s kid.. wouldnt you know it.. they had Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!!
so spent 45 mins trying to clock it, but the dude was too quick installing it lol so didnt get anywhere near the end

Drove home and wow what a difference.. its like night and day.. feels a lot more like a quick clutch change, nowhere near what some people were explaining.. though i didnt get the servo installed .. which maybe in the future i might..
But yeah im loving the gear change.. hell of a lot better

If you're interested $250 plus free tranny service 372A Settlement Rd Thomastown Vic.. hes quite busy though so you'd need to book in advance..

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
I already scored a switch from my brothers commodore he's only ganna scrap it after he takes what he wants from it..

Also a friend of mine offered some cheap super lows all around plus he also has 2 tyres that are 245/35 so that's sorted :)

Next weekend I'm going to be getting shift kit installed $250 includes service on the tranny

With the high flow cat the noise is quite fine .. Even if there's no power increase long as the sound is good

Slowly is coming along.. :D

"Slowly" ? Mate, by this thread you've had it for less than a month! Took me 12yrs to build a car (from ground up) once.

theraven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Z - VX Berlina
"Slowly" ? Mate, by this thread you've had it for less than a month! Took me 12yrs to build a car (from ground up) once.

Well i havent actually done much.. Cept the roady, wheels, tyres and now shift kit... getting in to the engine mods and exhaust and stereo is ganna cost a bit.. so its ganna be slowly going as money these days isnt easy to come by :p

Keep you guys posted though

theraven

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Z - VX Berlina
Well today just took my stereo, amp and subs out of my Berlina and installed them all in my car..

IMG_28661_zps30102853.jpg

Stock Stereo , Lets get started...

IMG_28671_zpsc8a4da89.jpg

Just ripped this out of my berlina, Ready to rock!

IMG_28691_zps488547eb.jpg

My trusty old coat hanger release for the head unit :D and also started running all the wires down passengers side for the RCAs and Remote

IMG_28681_zps33197b34.jpg

Running down power wire down drivers side of car

IMG_28701_zpsa9264499.jpg

Ready to feed all the wires into the dash and hide the power pack, bluetooth and anything else that would be hanging out..

IMG_28771_zps300714e8.jpg

Hooking up the amp and subs...

IMG_28711_zpsf5955dbb.jpg

Okay phew, almost there.. just wanted to make sure we are all systems go.. Amp powers on, stereo powers on WOOP!

IMG_28781_zpsc371f99a.jpg

Yup Subs work!

IMG_28721_zpsee1f4009.jpg

Clean up footwell so no one kicks cables or pulls out cables..

IMG_28731_zps55a22e02.jpg

Shes installed looking nice...

IMG_28761_zps31160615.jpg

And of course THE FOX is the station of choice in my car..

Took quite a bit of time to install this, due to it being hot as hell.. sweating my dial off .. had to have some breathers before finishing.. but shes all finished and sounds great..

Last edited: