Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

There's one more new car VE owner out there buying a repaired smash

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
use it as a demo vehicle, problem solved? You will end up selling it at a discount price (ex-demo) anyway so it sorta sorts itself out

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
That's bad, yes panel beaters can bring it back to original condition, or better as mentioned.

I had to repack a printer once that was used (major retail store), I felt wrong because it was going to go full price, so what I did is, I didnt pack the inside properly, so the customer can bring it back, I was doing work experience so by the time they sell it I would be long long gone.

lazza44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 Berlina Wagon
So do you know for sure that the dealership is going to sell it as a brand new car.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Maxy0987 you are most likely correct.

I am aware of an incident involving two cars being delivered by sales staff to a (fleet) customer where one ran into the back of the other. Very red faces. Not sure what they actually ended up delivering to the customer (I suspect that they rung around other dealers or replaced the vehicles out of stock) but the two cars involved were repaired and sold as demonstrators.

killarava2day

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL BT1...VL Group A SS
Slide a b4 shot under the springs of the drivers seat with the date on it 'n leave it there. sooner or later it gunna need cleaning and hopefully within warrantee time...
Fords are just as bad. Working 4 a dealership, we had a "hail sale" where we had to use a rag 'n ball pene hammer to increase hail damage on the bonnets and boots of all affected cars. Had a deal going with the local crash repairers...
Ignorance is bliss....

That sort of stuff goes on in every industry. It only sucks when you get done over yourself...other than that no one gives two hoots!

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
i know for a fact that if holden limited is aware of this happening that they force the dealer to use the vehicle as a demonstrator vehicle which i think is fair enough, i mean i wouldn't buy a demonstrator vehicle for this reason not all demo's are smashed but hey i don't care. i wouldn't own one in the break in peroid of a new engine you may have 200 different people drive it in many different ways, not good for a brand new engine gearbox and diff so i beleive if you buy a demonstrator, i mean you are buying a seocnd hand vehicle and thats exactly what it is second hand. second hand cars can get smashed so it is your responsibility to look over and check the vehicle

cheers matt

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
just while im thinking about ve's ...

i wont say the dealership we got this car at work off .. but we got a "new" VE omega in the shop friday for some repairs before it goes out to PD and then the customer.

radiator support, straighten and align both chassis rails, LH strut tower straighten, LH guard, new bonnet, new bumper, new supports and all the rest.

its never been registered and it was a decent impact. :ranting:
i hate that people arent told their cars are repaired smashes ... its not exactly a new car is it?

Thats dodgy as. Just goes to show you really can't trust anything these days.

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Holden dealerships are BS. My mate brought a Holden Certified - VZ SS ute with 12,000 on it and after about 2 months we found all sorts of things out of whack, seats leaning to 1 side, gap in side of dashboard etc, turns out the car was T-BONED. Took it back to Holden and they accused him of doing it! They wouldn't even let him take it home after the inspection as they rekon it has chassis damage.

Makes you think twice, take photos of everything before take a car!

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
How often does this stuff happen?

aokman, I'm with you, definately thoroughly check any vehicle before you buy it, for any hidden nasties.