Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

There's one more new car VE owner out there buying a repaired smash

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
just while im thinking about ve's ...

i wont say the dealership we got this car at work off .. but we got a "new" VE omega in the shop friday for some repairs before it goes out to PD and then the customer.

radiator support, straighten and align both chassis rails, LH strut tower straighten, LH guard, new bonnet, new bumper, new supports and all the rest.

its never been registered and it was a decent impact. :ranting:
i hate that people arent told their cars are repaired smashes ... its not exactly a new car is it?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
just while im thinking about ve's ...

i wont say the dealership we got this car at work off .. but we got a "new" VE omega in the shop friday for some repairs before it goes out to PD and then the customer.

radiator support, straighten and align both chassis rails, LH strut tower straighten, LH guard, new bonnet, new bumper, new supports and all the rest.

its never been registered and it was a decent impact. :ranting:
i hate that people arent told their cars are repaired smashes ... its not exactly a new car is it?

You know for sure that the new owner doesn't know or are you just speculating. Further, a quality smash repair shop should be able to repair most cars to as good as new (or even better in many cases).

Reaper

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
i know for sure.

the car is at my work .. hasn't been bought, hasn't been registered, has 12km on the clock.

we'll bring it back to as close to showroom condition as you can get a car of course, but i can guarantee you, the paint will ALWAYS be that poofteenth of a fraction out. that tyre will always wear just a little bit more uneven than the rest. there will be a speck of bog dust caught somewhere in the engine bay.

sometimes i feel like writing a note to a future owner and trying to hide it somewhere like in an airvent or something telling them their brand new pride and joy was nearly written off before they ever saw it.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I wouldn't be morally ok with selling a new car that had been stacked without at least telling people and knocking it back to wholesale price and maybe then some

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
You know for sure that the new owner doesn't know or are you just speculating. Further, a quality smash repair shop should be able to repair most cars to as good as new (or even better in many cases).

Reaper

Right...so you are basically saying, its ok providing the owner can't tell...

If that were me i would be cancelling the sale as what i ordered wasnt being delivered...a brand new car.

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
i know for sure.

the car is at my work .. hasn't been bought, hasn't been registered, has 12km on the clock.

we'll bring it back to as close to showroom condition as you can get a car of course, but i can guarantee you, the paint will ALWAYS be that poofteenth of a fraction out. that tyre will always wear just a little bit more uneven than the rest. there will be a speck of bog dust caught somewhere in the engine bay.

sometimes i feel like writing a note to a future owner and trying to hide it somewhere like in an airvent or something telling them their brand new pride and joy was nearly written off before they ever saw it.

Slide a b4 shot under the springs of the drivers seat with the date on it 'n leave it there. sooner or later it gunna need cleaning and hopefully within warrantee time...
Fords are just as bad. Working 4 a dealership, we had a "hail sale" where we had to use a rag 'n ball pene hammer to increase hail damage on the bonnets and boots of all affected cars. Had a deal going with the local crash repairers...
Ignorance is bliss....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Right...so you are basically saying, its ok providing the owner can't tell...

If that were me i would be cancelling the sale as what i ordered wasnt being delivered...a brand new car.

Nope - not at all. I am saying that they *should not* sell the car as a new car.

What I am saying is that (with my buyers hat on) I would be perfectly fine (and have done so before) buying a car that I knew was repaired correctly (for an appropriate discounted price of course)

If it were my dealership I'd register the car and then whack it thru a public auction as a second hand car.

Reaper

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
in one of the news papers a while ago they were talking about this, and they said if there is something like 4 or more panels affected it isnt a new car anymore

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
forget the panels mate......

B E N T C H A S S I S

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
in one of the news papers a while ago they were talking about this, and they said if there is something like 4 or more panels affected it isnt a new car anymore

Does that mean I could squash one of those Smart cars and still sell it as a new car, theyve only got 4 panels.:rofl: