Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thermo fan help

Discussion in 'VB - VK Holden Commodore (1978 - 1985)' started by pieman18, Mar 6, 2016.

1. pieman18

pieman18 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vt acclaim
    Hey guys

I'm about to replace the old, broken stock radiator with a new alloy radiator with thermo fan and shroud

It's a straight swap so installation will be the easy part

It's the connections on the thermo fan I'm not too sure on

The old radiator has a 9inch thermo fan attached which actually works well. It uses what looks like a Davies Craig thermo switch kit, I just need to know how to connect to it...

The new thermo has these connection points
    [​IMG]

If anyone knows how to connect these points to the switch or can offer any help at all, it would be appreciated

Cheers guys
    Dan...

2. ari666

ari666 250,000 hits

Members Ride:
    1966 impala, R32 GTR
    black is earth blue is positive. thats if youre installing it downstream. reverse the polarity if your installing upstream (fan in front of the radiator) the two connectors are standard narva bullets, black is female and blue is male so youll need to get the opposites. they do this so you cant reverse the polarity by accident should you ever take it off again.

just take your existing wires from your other thermo and join onto them. get yourself a test light, 10 odd bucks from any auto parts store. turn ignition on and probe your two existing wires. one will light up and one wont. the one that lights up goes to the blue wire.

just another note. ally rads are ****. make sure you run a very very good earth wire. probably best run 2. one to the battery, one to the back of the alternator. this will stop your coolant from eating the ally.

g'luck