Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thermo fan help

pieman18

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt acclaim
Hey guys

I'm about to replace the old, broken stock radiator with a new alloy radiator with thermo fan and shroud

It's a straight swap so installation will be the easy part

It's the connections on the thermo fan I'm not too sure on

The old radiator has a 9inch thermo fan attached which actually works well. It uses what looks like a Davies Craig thermo switch kit, I just need to know how to connect to it...

The new thermo has these connection points
09454f56222f1deb6283c08225083854.jpg

If anyone knows how to connect these points to the switch or can offer any help at all, it would be appreciated

Cheers guys
Dan...

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
black is earth blue is positive. thats if youre installing it downstream. reverse the polarity if your installing upstream (fan in front of the radiator) the two connectors are standard narva bullets, black is female and blue is male so youll need to get the opposites. they do this so you cant reverse the polarity by accident should you ever take it off again.

just take your existing wires from your other thermo and join onto them. get yourself a test light, 10 odd bucks from any auto parts store. turn ignition on and probe your two existing wires. one will light up and one wont. the one that lights up goes to the blue wire.

just another note. ally rads are ****. make sure you run a very very good earth wire. probably best run 2. one to the battery, one to the back of the alternator. this will stop your coolant from eating the ally.

g'luck