Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thermo Fan Switch

dylanwalk112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS
Hey guys, i have a vg with a seeies 1 buick 3.8L. When I bought it the thermo fans were hard wired to a toggle switch and i’ve just turning them on manually. I’ve been looking for a thermo fan switch that automatically turns them on at a certain temp. And no i cant wire them back up to the ecu because the wiring harness is a mess and i’m not overly good with that stuff, just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of one that fits the 3.8 manifold where the sender is located. Cheers

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Davies Craig thermofan controller & adaptor for top hose be easiest/quickest way to go.

Other type(probe) that slips under radiator don't look as neat & eventually leak.

https://daviescraig.com.au/product/...matic-fan-switch-38mm-inline-adapter-kit-0438

I've got the probe style and the secret to prevent it from leaking is, put sealant inbetween the probe and the radiator pipe, that the hose slips over....Works a treat... ;) IMA,the probe style doesn't look that pretty, but still effective

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Hate to admit it after function & ease to work do like my engine bays to look either neat as possible(pretty) or to be stock appearing.

Grew up in streetmachine days where we hid everything in engine bay influenced Ron Barclay,Astill,Beachamp & magazines lol