Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thermostat .....i think??

markandsam

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl & vr commodore
Ive read numerous threads, if your temp gauge goes all the way up , fix the thermostat!! mine however stays cool all day long , doesnt move an inch , ive noticed my heaters arent working much lately (taking along time to blow warm air) & the temp gauge doesnt move , Is it my thermostat?? or somthing different.
The two copper hoses inside the car near my feet still get quite warm , so i dont think its anything to do with the heater core. The only other thing i can think of is the heater tap under the bonnet. Any help will be appreciated, cheers

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
why make another thread for the same question? It does take a while to heat up on all cars this age mate. Especially if you've just started the car and its a cold morning.

How long is long anyway?

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hey having the same problem atm as well. However mine is blowing out very fine warm air and doesn't get hot like it use to a few months ago. Could be the Heater Valves or like you said the Heater Taps under the bonnet.

markandsam

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl & vr commodore
have changed the thermostat , now i have a problem where there doesnt seem to be any pressure in the hoses & cant bleed the air out of the valve , started the engine , let it run for a while , loosened the bleed screw & nothing coming out , top hose still quite soft. What is it now??

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you need to fill it when its cold then put the radiator cap on and start the engine and let it warm up it should pressurise as it warms up and the water expands if you take the cap off when its hot they struggle to make much pressure.once its hot and pressurised crack the bleeder and see if any air comes out.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
do a search mate thewre are a lot of safer ways to bleed the system.
I just push the garden hose on the return pipe and crack the valve. Works a treat.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
have changed the thermostat , now i have a problem where there doesnt seem to be any pressure in the hoses & cant bleed the air out of the valve , started the engine , let it run for a while , loosened the bleed screw & nothing coming out , top hose still quite soft. What is it now??

If the radiator was full of coolant when you tried to bleed and the hoses stayed soft that would indicate your radiator pressure cap is not sealing.