Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thermostat replacement alloytec

Grimes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series II Ute
The o rings aren’t there on that invoice; hope they weren’t causing the leak. Keep an eye on that one.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Some liberties with the GP on parts there!
Labour seems right for gearbox out, but I might have missed it, no trans oil added to the list which suggests no gearbox removal.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
The o rings aren’t there on that invoice; hope they weren’t causing the leak. Keep an eye on that one.
Yea as I said, coolant marks still on the filler neck.
Pointed it out to the new owner (my neighbour) and told him FFS any problems, come see me first.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Some liberties with the GP on parts there!
Labour seems right for gearbox out, but I might have missed it, no trans oil added to the list which suggests no gearbox removal.
Oh yea, I checked prices with Zupps, Repco, and my account prices at Bursons, and considerable mark up especially valley gasket ???which I think is plenum/upper manifold cause that is more than double Zupps retail.

No gearbox out.
I was told they would drop the box cross member enough to lower the box a little to get at the thermostat but I believe since they removed the plenum, they then went in over the engine.

Last edited: