Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thermostat

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
depends on the v6
ecotec is right n front of your face
the others are right down the back and a prick to get too

slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wgn
its a series one so where in the back are they anyone got any pix

VNPOWER

Reaction score
Members Ride
My00 Wrx 240kwatw
its a series one so where in the back are they anyone got any pix

its under/near the throttlebody..its got a hose going to it and it has 1 bolt holding it down..

You probably wont be able to get it off.. If it was never changed since new (like my mums vn) it can be very difficult to remove as it kind of welds itself to the block. we ended up giving up as we didnt want to break it, we tried everything screwdrivers, crow bars and we had no luck..

My vn on the otherhand took a bit of wedging but it did come off without breaking.

waht does this ting do anyway

In a nutshell.. Its a device that blocks the flow of coolant until your car hits a certain temperature then it opens and allows the coolant to flow.. They put these in cars to allow them to get to operating temperature quickly to save fuel. On most older cars they are stuck open meaning it takes longer to get to operating temp and poor heater temps... Also the car uses a bit more fuel, as the ecu dumps more fuel on a cold engine.