Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

thermostat

shakey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
Hey ppl. Has anybody had the thermostat replaced? If so how much roughly, was it at holden or local mechanic? Does the transmission have to be lowered? Has anybody tackled it themselves? AArgh

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the vz's can be done without taking the box out, you can do this by removing the heater hoses, the brackets and metal pipes, the wiring harness on the left hand side, and obviously taking the engine covers off

shakey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
Interesting, interesting. Holden quoted me 370, sheesh. I am sick of the sight of red coolant at the moment. What a position its in. By now you would think the manufacturers would have thought up something fail safe like a little electronic gate with temp sensor. Surely F1 cars aren't running an ancient theromstat.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Interesting, interesting. Holden quoted me 370, sheesh. I am sick of the sight of red coolant at the moment. What a position its in. By now you would think the manufacturers would have thought up something fail safe like a little electronic gate with temp sensor. Surely F1 cars aren't running an ancient theromstat.

they probably dont use one hehe