Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

These springs are too cheap right..?

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Look fine to me, second had so reflected in the start price

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Where could I buy these brand new? Preferably a set of 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Looking at getting these for my SS Sedan but why are they so cheap, Nothing appears to be wrong with them, Are they sitting at an unroadworthy height?

Tein Spring S Tech Lowered Springs Holden Commodore VE Sedan | eBay

Have a look for yourself and tell me what you think

Cheers JC

I noticed in his ad he said they were on the car when he got it new. I wouldnt think they were fitted to a new car from the dealership. But also i would look into someone that has them already and what height they end up and how firm. Only because its a mission to put them on and find out they are no good.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
They may have been fitted by the previous owner of the vehicle he bought? There going in a 2007 Commodore VE Sedan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

cruelass

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
I just did H&R springs and KYB shocks in my VE SS 07. I did the shocks first as my standard ones were worn out and just used my fe2 springs. Ride was great but the ride height was like an omega. So then had to pull it all apart again and do the springs. Its perfect now as the cars looks level and slightly lower ,but not too low as to scrape on anything. Moral of the story is look into it as much as you can beforehand as its a complete pain in the arse to be redoing the job if your not happy. A tip for anyone doing this is to make up a 1/2 socket extension to put in your drill so you can compress the springs heaps easier than if you have to do it with a socket wrench. I just cut up an old one and ground it down a bit to fit the drill chuck.
The price of these is pretty reasonable by the way.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Looking at getting these for my SS Sedan but why are they so cheap, Nothing appears to be wrong with them, Are they sitting at an unroadworthy height?

Tein Spring S Tech Lowered Springs Holden Commodore VE Sedan | eBay

Have a look for yourself and tell me what you think

Cheers JC

The part numbers Tein currently use for the "S Tech" springs to suit the Commodore VEs and to suit the Pontiac G8s in the US are not the same as the model number on the springs pictured. They could indeed be the correct product or something else entirely.

I would give it a miss and buy a new product you know will suit your car and will have the ride height at the level you are looking for on your SS Ute.