Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

They get your Money and don't do the Job

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Well what a year I had so far and it just as well I do all car repairs myself but sometime you can't do it because you don't have the gear or your not allowed to do it.

AIR CONDITION On your car
This has happened in late 2019 to 2020 and yet its April 1st now (no its not a April Fool trick)

Since I have a Vf storm and two VE's and a Caprice V in our house I have taken 3 of them to get the Air Con re-charged and replace the FILTER/DRIER. Now what you get is at the Air con place, The Owner of the Shop tell you "Under the occupation and health safety act" you are not allow inside the working area, that fair enough but when you pay for a Re Gas and you pay for a Filter replacement and charge you for it and they don't do it that's wrong. The Filter Drier as most know on a Vf and Ve are hard to get to them and when you change them or DONT CHANGE them you can't see squat.

A WHEEL ALIGNMENT on your car
Well I ve had enough of this rubbish and the Latest was the wheel Alignment on my Caprice V 2 weeks ago as I rang the Wheel Alignment mob that has the latest and greatest device to align you car and you pay for this privileged so I said to them over the Phone has they done my VE Anniversity, My Sons Statesman and it was time to get the Caprice V done so I booked a Appointment with this Flashy Mob and I told them OVER THE PHONE I WANT A WHEEL ALIGNMENT + CAMBER on the front and rear and they said OK we can do this and booked the Car in. At the Same time I told the guy I recently purchased this car (3 days ago at the time) he said No Problems So I said to the Guy can I see under the Car for a quick Inspection as I can't do it at Home He sain to me "Under the occupation and health safety act" your not allow in the Work area but because you are a good customer and because you have sent other people to get their wheel alighment here I will allow you to check under your Car for a few minutes. BIG Mistake for them.
See when you go to one of these places to get a wheel alighment they generate a work sheet with all the pretty setting the has a sheet of paper has like toe in, or out, camber front, rear, left and right other and other you get the drift bit ALSO they tell you the Setting before and Settings after they have done their alighment job as a example was written on the work Sheet
FRONT AXLE
CAMBER Left BEFORE -0.33' And AFTER it was -0.27
CAMBER Right BEFORE -0.31 and AFTER it was -0.34 WOW Plenty, plenty of front and rear Adjustment done in 40 Minutes. After this They called me to look under the Caprice V as I asked them two more times, once on the Phone and once where I was there whilst so I can inspect underneath the car so what did I find.
I asked them How do you adjust the Camber on the Front ( I KNOW THIS) and he said we do this and that but I said did you undo this two LARGE Bolts that hold the Strut on the Axle so you can use the small adjuster to adjust the CAMBER ( PS HAVEN't Been touched since the car was Made in 2013) he studddddddred in his voice when I had the work sheet in my hands that said Before and after figures and he touch FUC.K ALL.
Now I sespect this after I had the VE Anniversary done and in the Anniversity it had new STRUTS installed by me that had a white paint mark on them but was still nott 100% siure if they fleeced me but I was ready when I got my Son car done and Even More ready when the Caprice V went in.
Now a day later the coronavirus come in play so I stopped taking this further but next time after the Virus is gone I might get another car done but this time I might ask Channel Nine Current Affair if they would like a good story on some shops are ripping us off.

It took me 50 Minutes to type this with one finger and stroke broken head and it will the last time i will get ripped off..

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I had a similar issue at Brighton Holden a numbers of times with a number of cars had serviced there, and Summit Holden, Reg Hunt Holden and Booran Holden
Numerous times On different cars I had set traps to see if they had done what they said they had done on the service report, and for what I was paying for.
Well they came unstuck a few times, and questioned them and they swore that the item had he done, but I took photo’s and showed them some items had not been touched, thats when I also found out the apprentices were doing the servicing, and charging at qualified mechanics rates.
I would say ripping the loyal customer off has, and will be the Final nail in the coffin for the dealer.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its Friggin bad when you cant trust any one. I admire the shops that allow you to see what there are doing in steps of working on you car but the are RARE..
Arghhhh Just Got a large delivery from Car Car Products, more stuff for the Monro + the Ve Anniversity and of course the Black Caprice. See I did the Caprice with CCP and now all other cars are jealous.
Thanks Scott Morrison, I paid in advance and you have refund me more. LOL.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hummm, those cambers wouldn't have been adjusted and honestly unless you drive the car hard into corners, I doubt you need to have them adjusted. The difference is SFA.....Or in simple terms, about a finger nail depth difference...

So the question I should have asked is, how were the front tyres wearing?

40 minutes for an alignment.....Not bad.....You have to take into consideration, the test drive before (if it occurred), putting in the car details into the system, putting the heads on all 4 wheels, doing the initial sweep to get the initial settings, then the adjustment and the final test drive (if it was done)....

Me personally, if I push myself, I can do a complete alignment in 20 minutes.....If I have cambers and caster to adjust, it takes me about 30 minutes pushing myself....But generally taking my time, 30 minutes too do an alignment

So personally I think you are venting for no reason what so ever over the alignment stuff....So going to a current affair, you'd be the one looking like a fool

Allowed into workshop....You see the problem is, you get hurt, the owner cops the grief.....Or in simple terms, if you hurt yourself you can sue the crap out of the owner, even if you were the stupid one that did it on your own. This is why they don't like you in the workshop and have signage up advising that....Not that I'm insinuating you'd do that, but there are nutjobs out there that would do such a thing, so we assume everyone is that nutjob and protect our job

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Me personally, if I push myself, I can do a complete alignment in 20 minutes.....If I have cambers and caster to adjust, it takes me about 30 minutes pushing myself....But generally taking my time, 30 minutes too do an alignment

So personally I think you are venting for no reason what so ever over the alignment stuff....So going to a current affair, you'd be the one looking like a fool
So tell me why do they write up LIES on their Sheets? Why do this. THEY LIED to me over the Phone, They lied to me when I was there and baiting them to lie and they LIED to me on the report that they gave me.
Dont worry about ACA because I have used them twice before (one solar PV and the other Roof restoration) as they have run both off my stories and they continued with it because I unearthed a issue with the early Solar PV Systems ( being a Licensed Electrician )and for the Roof Restoration Shonk that deliberately gave a FREE QUOTE knocking on your door as they asked you can I get up on your roof for a FREE INSPECTION and when they were they they deliberately lifted the Ridge and and capping (Caught on my Security Cameras on Neighbours House) so when they come off the roof they showed the owner the issue on their phones and then they gave a quote to fix it.
This mob all they did was change the Name and Change the colour of there shirts. This Shonks should be run out of business.

.So going to a current affair, you'd be the one looking like a fool
By you saying this you have put a red Flag in Front of me. Most don't mind paying a little more money but at the same time they want the job done and not LIED to them. I would have paid double what I paid to get the job done correctly especially for the VE Anniversity as I change the front Struts, bushes, and tie ends and rear too and that need to have the correct camber so what did I did I change the structs on the front I had to guess the Camber Adjustment as that new ajustment bolt was wound out that give you to much negative camber but I said the Wheel Alignment mob will fix it as I asked then twice do they check and do front Camber Adjustments and the answer was YES yet they did FCUK ALL now I have to find another mob and tell them what I need and find a mob that I can see what they are doing because i dont trust any after this that has happened 3 time in a few months.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Allowed into workshop....You see the problem is, you get hurt, the owner cops the grief.....Or in simple terms, if you hurt yourself you can sue the crap out of the owner, even if you were the stupid one that did it on your own. This is why they don't like you in the workshop and have signage up advising that....Not that I'm insinuating you'd do that, but there are nutjobs out there that would do such a thing, so we assume everyone is that nutjob and protect our job
I totally understand this but at the same time they use this to rip you off as your car disappears for 40 min to hour ( Possible have lunch or smoke o) and the owner of the car does not know what they have done. All the Owner or a Wheel Alighment people have to do is do the Work what was quoted and NOT LIE and that it, no more.
Dont worry about the company getting sued by some Idiot falling over but you have to worry about a cranky old cu.t like me taking a company to court yes I know I can get much with this but can give the Company a hefty legal bill that the owner of the mob will be ordered to pay for.
If any wheel Alignment company does not do camber adjustment on the Front that should say so or even if that change $50 more I Willing to pay for it but unfortunately that dont do this as they will loose plenty of customers $$$$. This issue that I have raised has to stop.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
So tell me why do they write up LIES on their Sheets? Why do this. THEY LIED to me over the Phone, They lied to me when I was there and baiting them to lie and they LIED to me on the report that they gave me.
Dont worry about ACA because I have used them twice before (one solar PV and the other Roof restoration) as they have run both off my stories and they continued with it because I unearthed a issue with the early Solar PV Systems ( being a Licensed Electrician )and for the Roof Restoration Shonk that deliberately gave a FREE QUOTE knocking on your door as they asked you can I get up on your roof for a FREE INSPECTION and when they were they they deliberately lifted the Ridge and and capping (Caught on my Security Cameras on Neighbours House) so when they come off the roof they showed the owner the issue on their phones and then they gave a quote to fix it.
This mob all they did was change the Name and Change the colour of there shirts. This Shonks should be run out of business.

By you saying this you have put a red Flag in Front of me. Most don't mind paying a little more money but at the same time they want the job done and not LIED to them. I would have paid double what I paid to get the job done correctly especially for the VE Anniversity as I change the front Struts, bushes, and tie ends and rear too and that need to have the correct camber so what did I did I change the structs on the front I had to guess the Camber Adjustment as that new ajustment bolt was wound out that give you to much negative camber but I said the Wheel Alignment mob will fix it as I asked then twice do they check and do front Camber Adjustments and the answer was YES yet they did FCUK ALL now I have to find another mob and tell them what I need and find a mob that I can see what they are doing because i dont trust any after this that has happened 3 time in a few months.

How did they lie to you on the sheet? From what you put up with the camber, it appears the heads moved slightly, causing the slight camber difference. Strangely enough, they do move slightly, when a hoist is raised, but the difference won't cause a tyre wear issue....

From what you wrote, you asked how the camber is adjusted, which they mentioned how it would be done...Or did you actually want them to adjust the camber and promote tyre wear?

How were your tyres wearing? Need to know this, to make a judgement call, whether it needed adjusting to begin with.

Sorry, but from everything you have wrote, I fail to see how they lied to you.....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I totally understand this but at the same time they use this to rip you off as your car disappears for 40 min to hour ( Possible have lunch or smoke o) and the owner of the car does not know what they have done. All the Owner or a Wheel Alighment people have to do is do the Work what was quoted and NOT LIE and that it, no more.
Dont worry about the company getting sued by some Idiot falling over but you have to worry about a cranky old cu.t like me taking a company to court yes I know I can get much with this but can give the Company a hefty legal bill that the owner of the mob will be ordered to pay for.
If any wheel Alignment company does not do camber adjustment on the Front that should say so or even if that change $50 more I Willing to pay for it but unfortunately that dont do this as they will loose plenty of customers $$$$. This issue that I have raised has to stop.

This honestly sounds like a damned if we do, damned if we don't scenario...We get ripped into for being too quick doing the job...We get ripped into for taking too long....We get ripped into for being too cheap.....We get ripped into for being too expensive.

A wheel alignment involved adjusting what ever can be adjusted to prevent premature tyre wear. If the camber doesn't need to be adjusted why the fcuk adjust it? So you can give them a hefty legal bill for fcuking your tyres?

The time it took....I have no idea why they took 40 minutes.... It generally takes me 30 minutes.....But I've been doing them for decades and it is 2nd nature for me and I take my time....So what is your time frame for it to be done?

Seriously mate, let me know, how your tyres were wearing to begin with....This will help me determine whether they possibly would have had to adjust the camber or not, because from what I have read, you are complaining about nothing....

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
A wheel alignment involved adjusting what ever can be adjusted to prevent premature tyre wear. If the camber doesn't need to be adjusted why the fcuk adjust it? So you can give them a hefty legal bill for fcuking your tyres?

Why? If you buy new struts from ebay and you find the camber adjuster nearly fully wound out to a point that the bolt will fall in you box and when you fit these struts and have to take a Guess on adjusting them with a spirit level so after this you go to a wheel Alignment mob straight away and ask them CAN YOU CHECK CAMBER ADJUSTMENTS AS I CHANGE THE STRUTS..... they say....Yes. So I'm happy but when you found out that did nothing you are NO HAPPY.

Seriously mate, let me know, how your tyres were wearing to begin with....This will help me determine whether they possibly would have had to adjust the camber or not, because from what I have read, you are complaining about nothing....
How my tyres are wearing? I have now 6 cars and in total and drive the lot of them in one year I totally drive only 6000k for the lot of them TOTALLY. Now for the Anniversity with brand new struts I have only driven about 200K and for the SV6 I have driven about 50K only that 50k not fifty thousands k and for the Caprice V I have driven from the Wheel Alignment mob to my house and parked until the covid-19 goes away so how can I see what my Tyre are wearing on new tyres. All the other cars we have the mileage its ZERO for 20 years or more and the car that I use the most to get to 6000K TOTALLY is the VR Commodore where to align it I use a plumber line string and car stands with a tape measure and I dont touch the Camber because I use shi.t tyres as its a shopping car only.
Once again If you pay for something and I dont care If I pay more they must do it otherwise there will be repercussion. If they dont want to do the camber Adjustment they must tell you. Maybe I should take this thread to the VF Forum and ask members there that have expensive cars and Redlines + the Special limited Edition Redlines and other that have lowered there car which will need a Camber adjustment and asked them the Issue that I have bough up.
Once Again If you pay for it they must do it or advise they have checked your car camber and its spot on and does not need to be changed and they should not PUT BULLSHIT on the report sheet where that change this and that when they have done nothing.

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
How did they lie to you on the sheet? From what you put up with the camber, it appears the heads moved slightly, causing the slight camber difference. Strangely enough, they do move slightly, when a hoist is raised, but the difference won't cause a tyre wear issue....

From what you wrote, you asked how the camber is adjusted, which they mentioned how it would be done...Or did you actually want them to adjust the camber and promote tyre wear?

How were your tyres wearing? Need to know this, to make a judgement call, whether it needed adjusting to begin with.

Sorry, but from everything you have wrote, I fail to see how they lied to you.....
Again I'm lucky to drive 50 miles I say miles as most get suck in with 80k they think 80 thousands k but I drive a little on my or our toys on any year so how can you tell your tyres are wearing and this is why I ask a expert to what to have our car set at. Its Impossible to see any wear on limited miles. Again If you pay You must get what you paid for or they have to tell you the CAMBER AND CASTER ADJUSTMENTS ARE CORRECT and if they dont do nothing they must put a line on the report for AFTER setting change to show you you dont need any adjustment.
I will tell you what happened in my neighbours case where they were ripped off by a roof restorer yet he was caught out by my video camera. He went through civil court which was brought on by my neighbour in a civil case. In this case the owner of the company was on the stand next to the judge and he was asked by the prosecutor "did you deliberately damage Mr Soandso's roof ridging?". Then the prosecutor showed the photographs of the damaged tile and other. The man said "no, I did not touch that tile or any other tile". Then my video came out showing him damaging and willfully lifting the tile causing damage. So after this because I was sitting at the back of the court room with my neighbour the judge ordered the sheriff to handcuff him and he was charged with contempt of court and after this those horrible doors open. Those doors that people are scared of that you cannot seen because they are well disguised. The doors either on the left or right of the middle of the courts walls. When they open you will find two hefty prison officers come out and they come to you and take you away. Now if no-one wants to get into a situation like this, all you have to do is do the right thing and you have nothing to worry about because most people today are getting sick and tired of getting ripped off regarding what you ask them to do.

Last edited: