Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things That Leave you Gobsmacked (In A Good Way)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
We seem to have quiet a few threads going on with a negative connotation so I thought it was time for something positive.

This came out today, bloody brilliant (and about time).

What this means is that when the Hamilton bypass opens up it will have a 110km/h speed limit and with the increase in speed limit from Hampton Downs we'll have a 110km/h speed limit for about 80km till south of Cambridge. Now TBH, a lot of traffic is already going over 100km/h on the section from Hampton Downs till Taupiri but it will be good to do it legally.

Looking forward to the week of the 13th July.

Looks like I'll have and excuse to tweak my tune from 100-120km range :D

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Well if it needs to be government related there won’t be anything from here in Australia! Here in Ipswich when they upgraded the Ipswich Motorway to three lanes each way they designed it to 110kph standard but they made the speed limit 100kph. Probably so they can book people for doing 110kph on a motorway that was designed for 110kph!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This thread is definitely not tied to politics or political issues.

It's about good things that happen that are unexpected.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I work for a charity and donations towards to the area I run have been massive. It's been a real blessing from the community that they have supported us in this way. It means that we can continue with additional staffing until at least the end of this year at our current levels.

When I started my hours were 17.5hrs per week plus the boss who was full-time as that is all we could afford. Now I'm the boss and we have an extra three people delivering services to those in the community who are doing it tough.
We have been giving out I'd say double or more what we were when I first started seven years ago.

Now that I have all my new staff trained too we are hitting high bench marks that weren't possible even 12 months ago. :) With the extra staff, it means I can concentrate on reports and doing all my managerial tasks during business hours and not stuck at work until 7.00 at night, which was making Losh a tired and stressed grumpy old man......

I'll add, that my monthly report is due early next week. But I have manged to do about three hours of it today which means I am way ahead and might even submit it on Friday, which will be three working days early.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
SAs new premier announced change of historic/club rego eligibility from 30yrs to 25yrs from July 1st.
Usually my birthday is greeted with all manor of price increases, but this year I get to register the Senator onto club rego! HBD to me :D

Also Adelaide 500 is back on the calendar now, and along with Adelaide Motorsport Festival returning for 2022, and The Bend getting a drag strip. SA the revhead state is back!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Saw a guy driving a VP sedan the other day. I was stoked to see it and gave him the thumbs up.

He acknowledged by giving it a stab and gave me a wave. It was good to see it on the road.

Last edited:

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Got a friendly pic in the mail so I decided to have fun with it, got the pen out drew a L plate on the back and gave it to my daughter(she's on her L's)
The look was priceless "I would never speed" till she looked at the date and mum spilt the beans!!
export1656490069959.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
SAs new premier announced change of historic/club rego eligibility from 30yrs to 25yrs from July 1st.
Usually my birthday is greeted with all manor of price increases, but this year I get to register the Senator onto club rego! HBD to me :D

Also Adelaide 500 is back on the calendar now, and along with Adelaide Motorsport Festival returning for 2022, and The Bend getting a drag strip. SA the revhead state is back!

You also missed the bit where they have reduced the price of historic to $85 per year.....