Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by RUF-60L, Jul 13, 2011.

1. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Can't sleep. Normally in bed by 10pm. Trying to solve the problems of the world while i lie down...... Been spending the last four days working on my trailer prepping it for a rego inspection, so far in 300 bucks and still have to organise insurance, rego inspection plus trailer tranfers and rego. Plus some of my equipment needs repairs.Trying to go back to working for myself as well as work for my employer who just doesn't give me enough income. Still up for a lot of f'n money considering my profit margins are only $20 an hour after costs. But at least its an income. I just need a Valium or something else to knock me out or for my inspection to have already been so i know if it passes or not.

2. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Get some Vermouth, Gin and a Shaker. A good 1 or 2 Martinis will knock you arse down, easy to make too.

losh1971 likes this.
  3. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Took the trailer to the father in laws for some welding. So another 3hrs. Mother in law says should pass rego now. I said yeah hopefully, just not sure about the shackle bushes. Far friggen out, sloppy as ****. I now need to find a place on Monday after work who actually sells them and has the size i need as mine are not the common size. I have to drop the trailer off Wed ready for the inspection Thursday. Spoke to the bloke at the inspection I said to him no compliance plate. He said thats no problem as long as it has a VIN. I said no VIN he was like ohhhh, no VIN? I said no, no VIN..... Here i am i said to the bloke i will be ready to start work once i finish leave and tomorrow is my last day.

4. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    So more dramas with my trailer. I went to six places looking for shackle bushes. Finally found a place that sells them. I ask for a certain size and he says they have only ever came in two sizes. BS because the ones on my trailer are way smaller OD than the ones he sold me, so i found out when I tried to fit them. ID was perfect, OD was way too big. Now i have to get custom made bushes because the last ones i fitted i bought in Morphett Vale and he initially sold me the wrong ones but ordered me the correct ones. Trouble is this was 12 or 13 years ago and, so not like i can call him up to send me some over. Only choice i have is to have some custom made ones. Spewing because the off shelf ones are only $1 each. I also need a new crush sleeve made for the rear hanger as it is knackered. Was supposed to start work this week. Starting to feel like saying sorry to the bloke and not bother, because it will be another two weeks before I can pit pass the bastard trailer. Then i let my bro in law down who is a mate of this bloke, who i guess didn't realise that setting up a business after closing down for six years is not just a matter of grabbing a few tools out of the shed and and away you go, ready in a few days. No unfortunately its a major job. Think the wife is over it too. She too was under the impression i could start work in 3 days. But i did try to explain its a major HF sorting my **** out and costs a shitload of money before i can go back to working for myself.

5. Drawnnite

Drawnnite Obviously Unsensible

Members Ride:
    2000 Vs Ute
    Trying to enrol and get everything sorted for the Uni course.
    I swear the place is made for people who love going round in circles.

Get told to drop the classes and re-enrol in the right group.
    Do the first bit, then the 2nd bit will not show up with a class whatsoever.

Cannot make the process easy or straightforward at all.

6. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Enrollment day is a bastard especially if it is your first year. After that it does become easier.

7. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I have decided its no use stressing about getting my trailer ready like yesterday.... It is what it is. I just have to get it sorted when i can and if that is another three weeks then so be it. I have extra hours this month so money shouldn't be an issue for the next two pays.

8. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
  9. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Mate you can't even fart in public anymore without someone taking offence. Mary Poppins far out. You know its becoming the way that people will be jailed for causing offence. Yet on the other hand someone can steal your car and use it in a ram raid but if they get caught, just give him or her suspended sentence because they couldn't help it, because they were on drugs or pissed or both.... The other thing is 5.0 that even though its aimed at children had she pashed some chick, the same wingers would have said that is socially acceptable, even on a kids film...

10. Drawnnite

Members Ride:
    2000 Vs Ute
    Nah, I was told to drop the 3 classes and re enrol in them. 2 will not even show up to have to option to enter them.
    I've been going there for trade related things and had no issues whatsoever, super easy to sort out and so on.
    As soon as its the next level up, its unbelievable how difficult it becomes for something that should be so easy.

Even better, they haven't actually set the classes beyond a draft, they start next week properly.
    That is just terrible.

11. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Sheesh, I only had issues in my first year and that was because I had NFI how to enrol. They had volunteers helping but you really had to figure it out yourself on the most part.

12. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Maybe it is an aptitude test...if someone can't work out how to enrol, they won't be suited to the class kind of thing.

13. Drawnnite

Members Ride:
    2000 Vs Ute
    Went in and sorted it out today.
    Originally there was trouble as a certain box wasn't ticked so couldn't select from every group.
    Being a special case they ticked it and was on my merry way.
    Somehow that box was now unticked again which caused all the trouble.

So an administrative error which made no sense of how it occurred.
    Bit like someone tried to jam a printer to keep themselves busy for some time.

VS 5.0 and losh1971 like this.
  14. Sandman

Sandman Challenge Accepted

Members Ride:
    HQ VC VZ
    I'm still in the middle of a similar balls up by swinburne currently. Apparently the monkeys the employ are too stupid to be able to put together an invoice for the summer semester in time for the census date (18th Jan). So I had to pay my $1200 of fees of some bullshit figure that 'should be correct' after 4 hours of phone calls and one visit to the useless 'help' people. Fast forward to tomorrow and its the last day of this unit and I still haven't received my fee invoice and my money is still floating in Swinburne's cyberspace. If they were any other business other than a university they would have gone broke 100 years ago, most incompetent group of well funded idiots I've ever come across.

Drawnnite likes this.
  15. Drawnnite

Members Ride:
    2000 Vs Ute
    Yeah, you have to wonder sometimes.
    Then at other times, you just need to go in there and get it all sorted in person.
    Its like, I just had a message saying when my first class is to be, except I'm not in the class (just in the general group because its sort of automated)

Preparing people for a real world.
    But if you've been in the real world, you realise people would be getting their butts kicked for what goes on.

16. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    When people fits parts that are not OEM or at least a direct replacement. This is the second time I have been chasing my tail, creating threads and having big long discussions and then finally figuring out the parts fitted may not actually be fitting exactly as they should. Makes it really hard when you look up parts lists and the part is different to that on the car you own. :mad::mad::mad:

17. Sandman

Sandman Challenge Accepted

Members Ride:
    HQ VC VZ
    Yeah I've never never had that with Swinburne, every issue I've ever had has always taken multiple phone calls and at least one visit then generally results in angry emails until they get their **** together. I start patient and understanding but after wasting hours of your own time on their mistakes it becomes beyond a joke and I lose it with them pretty quickly after that.

Also they say that, but after 3 years of an engineering degree and 2 years working in the field I couldn't tell you a single thing that my degree has taught me that has been relevant to the real world or working life. Admitted I do have a pretty jade view on university, but this is all based on personal experience.

Drawnnite likes this.
  18. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    Over decades of working with graduates, I have struggled to find one who can apply knowledge in the real world......so it isn't just your experience.

My current boss views someone who has a degree as having the ability to learn, nothing more. Previous bosses have viewed them as the holy grail.

19. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    I see going to the University in the same way as going for Tool Shopping. Graduating is like having a nice tool box full of nice and pretty tools. If you are/or still cluless on how to use them, they are nothing more than worthless trinkets. Also, getting the wrong tools for the wrong job, is also worthless. Do not expect to get an Engineering, or Medical job on an Art Degree. You will not believe, in the US, some idiot of a Master Degree in Art, Humanity, General Studies, African Studies, not able to find a high paying job and bitching about it behind the Bar Counter or while Waiting Tables.

Seen all kinds of people, University graduates that actually used their time wisely and learn some. Also, people that never went and intelligent enough to learn as they go.

Having an University degree, to me, is not a sign of Intelligence, is just a sign of Knowledge. Is up to the person's abilities to make the best of the knowledge.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    marty351, losh1971 and commodore665 like this.
  20. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I found and still find my degree very useful. I learnt heaps. I went to Uni SA. I have nearly 20 years of experience to go with mine. I think a lot has to do with the uni someone attends. I have worked with people who studied at Flinders Uni doing same type of degree and they were absolutely useless. Yet those i worked with who also went to Uni SA were brill.