Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by RUF-60L, Jul 13, 2011.

1. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    What pisses me off? When you give a mech's place work when he first opens up. Then once he starts building his customer base he fobs you off and does not want to do what I consider a simple job. Don't think I will even bother with him anymore. Trouble now is, I need to find a new A/C and radiator tech.

2. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    Had to share.
    I got another scam phonecall, in robo bad English, telling me my internet and phone had been compromised by other countries. WTF ?
    So, as usual I goggled the number (0853133377) and got this. LOL muchly.

[​IMG]

VS_Pete and losh1971 like this.
  3. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    eBay..... A few months back there were really good savings on VR V6 parts now it would seem some of the prices have gone up by 10-15%. That's ok as sellers need to make money. So then you think I will wait until eBay has a 10% off sale..... Well for the 5 last discount codes car parts are an excluded option. Can't decide whether I try and wait and see if they have a sitewide sale or just buy a few things that have been in my watch list for three months. Trouble is my wish list is worth nearly $500 so a $50 saving would be really helpful..

4. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    No surprise there.

5. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Yeah but it never used to be. I used to wait until the 10% off code would come out and buy what I had in my watch list. Going by the last 4 or 5 discount codes it's looking like we may not have parts included ever again.

6. Brettly-2008

Brettly-2008 Active Member

Members Ride:
    WM Statesman - VE SS Commodore
    Jacked-up dual-cabs with aftermarket exhausts like it's supposed to make them sound better! Four-cylinder diesels do not sound good with big exhausts. Bloody Bunbury's full of them and they get driven like sports cars. Sorry mate, your drum-braked, leaf-sprung mini truck is not impressive.

WazzaVN, Skydrol, dgp and 3 others like this.
  7. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    So I quote a bloke $154 inc GST to transport his furniture and white goods 15mins across town. That is two loads, loading, unloading, tying down and carrying them down stairs. Too expensive. I said yep fair enough hopefully you can find a cheaper person. He said I can do it in one trip. I said nup I need to allow two trips to cover myself. I bet any money he can't find anyone else by this Fri to take on the job. He will expect me to take the job on and that is OK but I said I need to know by today as I need to drive to my other home and pick up the moving blankets and sack truck. He reckoned he was going to hire a van and have me help load it. I'm thinking less than $154 to hire a van and hire me, "ya dreamin"...

8. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    How do you arrive at $154 ? (Loading + driving + unloading ) X 2 + fuel = methinks you cheap.
    Getting a plumber to replace a tap will cost $100 for 10 minutes 'work'

9. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I figured 3hrs he reckons 1.5hrs. I'm only charging him $22 travel which was gonna be $44 but I wanted the job to help pay for the coin I have spent on the bike over the last week.

figjam likes this.
  10. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Spewin, I have gone back to working for myself as a landscaper as well as keeping my job as my job just doesn't pay enough. It has been an upward battle to start up again and fairly decent outlay with getting trailers transferred to Tas as well as needing repairs. So in order to secure the trailer as much as possible I think it a good idea to loop a bike cable through the wheel and around the spring. I only do this as I have no shed where I spend most of the week and my shed is over 1.5hrs away. So I go to leave for work thinking everything is done, cover is off the equipment, chains are on light plug is on. So I drive off and I hear a squealing noise plus the ute is not pulling right. **** me, I have forgotten the bike chain. Pull over 100m up the road to the nearest safe place, only to find I have snapped the brake line off at the nut inside the wheel cylinder and trashed the lock. Now I need to get easy outs and try to remove the broken piece and get a new line made. But it doesn't end there I am putting along at the lights and feel a bump bump as I drive slowly..... **** me I have a nice flat spot on my light truck tyre.... Fortunately BJTM can fit one for me this arvo. Great start to recommencing the business so far I have lost more money than I have earned and today's job won't even cover the new tyre..... I swear I must be losing my mind, because that is just a pure **** up on my behalf....

11. Batca

Batca Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Vf ssv sportwagon
    Viagogo... To anyone that wants to listen avoid at all costs. Brother in law who to be fair is a little naive, buys tickets to RHCP concert last night. Gets to gate denied entry as all peoples 4 tickets were fakes. A lot of other people had same issue. Absolute thieves and scum

figjam likes this.
  12. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Viagogo, and music festival party drugs. (not implying you BIL is into drugs, concert goers to RHCP, the 'Stones, etc, go to listen and enjoy.)
    After all this time, plenty of publicity, warnings, and tales of bad experiences, people are still being caught.
    The only way to rid them is to don't do business with them, and spread the word.

13. afstruct

afstruct Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
    Yeah, got tickets through them last year. About a week after I got the tickets found reports of people getting ripped off and thought fxxking hell I've blown my money and a good night.
    We were lucky, tickets were legit .
    Viagogo obviously don't have protocols in place or police sales so a seller can get away with selling tickets multiple times and therefore you take pot luck.
    I won't be using them again because there's no guarantee .

14. immortality

immortality Home of the smoky breakfast Bacon! Staff Member

Members Ride:
    HSV VS Senator, VX s2 Calais S/C
    We won't touch viagogo here either.

15. Dayvo

Dayvo Because i can

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Series 2
    Most nights the Indian guy across the street is on his mobile phone from midnight onwards . He has a business in India and due to the time difference this is when he rings . Why does he need to stand on his front veranda to do it . If ha talked any louder he wouldn't need his phone.

Noeleter, Skydrol and losh1971 like this.
  16. Zachariah

Zachariah Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Thunder Ute
    well... the things that bother can number up a bit. but i try and tolerate as much as i can before i would speak of it.

- personally i get bothered when someone thinks that their feelings or opinion matters over the truth. i will not move because someones feelings got hurt because i said the truth and then call me a "hater" even when i say it out of love.

- double parking

- driving on someones rear end (i will not speed because you are late or impatient)

- loud chewing of food ( i chew with my mouth closed and try to keep it down if i can)

- arrogance and pride

- Back stabbers and liars

- pretty much anything considered immoral i tend to avoid if at all possible

- if you look at the way we are going in this world everything will be going in a direction based on feelings instead of facts and truths like changing gender because someone "wants" to be a woman even though they were born a man. sorry mate but you can not change biology or genetics.

yep

yamahahatim and losh1971 like this.
  17. JRNZER

JRNZER Active Member

Members Ride:
    S2 VE SV6
    I have Indian neighbours that do the same thing. They stand outside gasbagging on the phone or in their kitchen with the windows wide open and the noise bounces off the building behind our building, not sure if they are constantly argueing or just like to talk really really loud

Dayvo and losh1971 like this.
  18. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Not so much the title, but amazement and bewilderment.
    Just saw a (pensioner?) bloke pay $93 for 2 packs of Winfield. Far out.
    That is over 600km of V8 enjoyment, and I can pollute much more of the atmosphere than he can with 60 fags.

losh1971 likes this.
  19. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Mate I hear you brother, people come and see me on a daily basis for food vouchers because they can't feed the kids yet they have plenty enough for smokes.... Go figure...

figjam likes this.
  20. Calaber

Calaber Nil Bastardo Carborundum

Members Ride:
    CG Captiva 5 Series 2
    I get really pissed off when pensioners bitch about how inadequate the pension is, yet they can find plenty of ways to squander it. Ungrateful bastards.

Dayvo, Sandman, figjam and 1 other person like this.