Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
A mate accidentally drove us into a ditch today, that hurt. My mates car broke down on the side of a busy highway and during that time had about 80 cars and 2 police officers go pass, you would think the police would probably help since it was in a very dangerous spot. I was getting ready to weld the little hole in the exhaust so I cut the new panel and get everything ready, but alas I had no mig wire.
Fixed for everyone else.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
People who drive unroadworthy cars, putting everyone else at risk eg. broken tail-lights/headlights.

Then on top of that, those same people defending their unroadworthy car by saying "oh it's so expensive to fix that I can't do that", if it's too expensive, sell your ####ing car and catch the bus.

i have to agree with this. Another one is people who buy those cheap ching chong branded tires because they cant afford decent brands/quality and then they cant drive in the rain. I paid ~$120 for 14" tires, guy at tire shop says people don't even spend that on 20" tires, WTF.

I got some quotes for 20" tires today, the prices would make most people have a heart attack.

Last edited:

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
i have to agree with this. Another one is people who buy those cheap ching chong branded tires

YOU YES HAVE CRAP TIRES!, It's pretty rare that people spend good money on tires, on the other end of the spectum I have mates who spend 400+ per tire on 18" wheels, pretty mental.

ncass11

Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 Diesel Hilux / '75 Landrover series 3
thank you airstrike

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Make any excuse you want champ, you've said it yourself, it's unroadworthy, would be so unfortunate if you got canaried for that, but I'm sure then if that happened we'd all see a "Cops are dicks" thread, complaining about how hard done by you were.

If it got canaries for those things it's fair call, I know, they know it, why fight it, just saying, a laminated windscreen doesn't shatter, it's not an excuse, it's fact.
A chip will crack, but until something goes through that windscreen it's just a crack, I would say fair call if it were in your field of vision, but it's not, yes it will be replaced, but as it is, it doesn't pose a threat to you or any other road user except myself. So your argument is void.
Everything else works as it should, most of the suspension is new, lights all work, it got pulled off the road to fix a engine leak because yes, that does pose a threat to others. But for those simple two things, it puts it under the unroadworthy category and in your eyes as a **** box that shouldn't be near a road.

On the shitty Chinese Tyres subject, not all are ****, most are but not all,

Taking donations of cash, card or full frontal nudity.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
YOU YES HAVE CRAP TIRES!, It's pretty rare that people spend good money on tires, on the other end of the spectum I have mates who spend 400+ per tire on 18" wheels, pretty mental.

I NO HAVE CRAP TIRES!!! When i had 18's on my old vy i paid around $400 a tyre for Bridgestone RE001's. Paid about the same amount for 17's on a honda civic.

I dont get it, the thing that is in most crucial on your car would be the tires, why cheap out. My life is worth more than spending $100 on a cheap assed 20" tire. And i like being able to drive in the rain and not worry about crashing or aqua planing off the road.

Got some quotes for 20" tires, the prices would make might people tight in the bum hole and have a heart attack

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
If it got canaries for those things it's fair call, I know, they know it, why fight it, just saying, a laminated windscreen doesn't shatter, it's not an excuse, it's fact.
A chip will crack, but until something goes through that windscreen it's just a crack, I would say fair call if it were in your field of vision, but it's not, yes it will be replaced, but as it is, it doesn't pose a threat to you or any other road user except myself. So your argument is void.
Everything else works as it should, most of the suspension is new, lights all work, it got pulled off the road to fix a engine leak because yes, that does pose a threat to others. But for those simple two things, it puts it under the unroadworthy category and in your eyes as a **** box that shouldn't be near a road.

On the shitty Chinese Tyres subject, not all are ****, most are but not all,

My argument is void?, no it isn't you muppet, I clearly said in the original post that I was refering to headlights/tail-lights so YES, it does effect me and you didn't have to get so uppity about your own car unless deep down you know you're in the wrong and you felt attacked for it, sack up and fix your car.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Your argument about the winscreen is void because your saying it will shatter and I'll run up your arse, which will never happen because it won't shatter, I agree with the lights not working, absolutely, it's a daily occurrence to see only the window/spoiler brake light working.

What I'm saying is you've put it in the same category as having defective lights and it's just not the same thing.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Your argument about the winscreen is void because your saying it will shatter and I'll run up your arse, which will never happen because it won't shatter, I agree with the lights not working, absolutely, it's a daily occurrence to see only the window/spoiler brake light working.

What I'm saying is you've put it in the same category as having defective lights and it's just not the same thing.

Unroadworthy is unroadworthy, so it is the same category, thanks for coming :).

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Doesn'take it unsafe. And that's what your saying