Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Giving the car a little stick off the lights, only to 70km/h (speed limit).
Cruising along for around a few km and then being pulled over by a paddy wagon.

/snip/

Yep, pisses me off.

well then, maybe you shouldnt have done that burnout!!

i was contacted by a police officer about an incident at a service station i "used to" frequent weekly for my fuel. the report was that id done a burnout, bellowing smoke and driving over a median strip, just before lunch time on a sunday, and that there was video footage of it.

he was rather perplexed as to how a bmw coupe could get over a median strip to begin with, but had to follow it up.

i let him view the footage, and surprise surprise, all he could see of my car was "maybe a bit of wheel slip", and i was let off. semi slick tyres and a 4cyl diff means i cant do burnouts without replacing the diff.

so what pisses me off, is people assuming any loudish car that takes off at more than a snails pace is doing a burnout, and reports it, thus wasting police time that could be better spent.

i havent been to that servo since, and nor have many of my friends or relatives.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
10 characters.

Last edited:

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67

Officer "do you know why I pulled you over?" (somewhat aggitated)
Myself "no officer"
Officer "you don't remember the lights back there?"
Myself "which ones? the ones just there that i went through? They were green..."
Officer " no the ones before that that you took off from at ######## Ave"
Myself "yes, I do, what have i been pulled over for?"
Officer " you(motions with fingers in circles), umm(still motioning with fingers) umm, your wheels spun"
Myself "No they didn't"
Officer "is this your car?"
Myself "yes mate, did you see my wheels spin? This car is an automatic and has ESC, and the wheels don't spin"
Officer "I heard you take off"
Myself "Did you see the wheels spin?"
Officer "No but I heard the loud exhaust, is this a V8?"
Myself "You heard a loud exhaust? Are you going to defect it? I'm pretty sure it is legal. Did you hear the wheels spin?"
Officer "I was attending to another matter, I only heard your car i didn't see it."
Myself "did you hear the wheels spin?"
Officer " I have 2 witness that saw the wheels spin"
Myself "honestly mate, was i speeding when you came up behind me? I took off at the lights and you heard the sound of a V8 taking off, that's what they sound like, If it was a Camry that took off like i did you would have heard nothing and thought nothing, what am i being charged for, you heard something but saw nothing?"
Officer "you are being charged for (motions with fingers again) umm(walks away to his car and then comes back) you will recieve a fine in the mail"
Myself " for what?"
Officer " for doing a burnout"
Myself " ARE YOU KIDDING ME BUDDY? Now your saying i did a burnout? I will see you in court mate, you are wasting my time..Are you seriously going to book me for doing a burn out?"
Officer "(walks back to his car, then comes back) You will receive a fine for Neg driving"
Myself "Mate if I did something wrong I would take it on the chin, but you are just being ridiculous, I will see you in court"
Officer "(very aggitated by now) Listen, I'm just trying to do my job and you are making this harder, I've got a job to do"
Myself "Buddy you have a job to learn, you are booking me for having an iconic Australian car, you are basically booking me for being a hoon because of it, you saw nothing, i did nothing, you heard a V8 and your booking me for it, are we finished here?"
Officer "do you wan't to keep going with this?"
Myself "are we finished here?"
Officer "I'm just trying to do my job"
Myself "your over doing your job mate, now can i go?"

So obviously I got the fine in the mail........looking back at it, I could have gone about it better, I had done the red eye from Perth to Sydney over night and I'm not the best person to be around with little sleep.......
But to be honest this guy seemed fresh out of Goulburn, had little experience in the field of cars, and was basically out to write a ticket for something he didn't see, and that didn't happen........He was aggitated, or almost hyper from the start, and didn't really know what he was booking me for......

Yep, pisses me off.

This is a perfect example of why you should record all traffic stops. A recording of this in court would most likely result in the case getting throw out straight away!

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Qld cops recoprd the audio of all traffic stops. All now - it's mandatory.

You can request it by the infringement number and they have to provide it by law.

It's also admissable as evidence in court.

Cheers

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht

Myself "no officer"
Myself "which ones? the ones just there that i went through? They were green..."
Officer " you(motions with fingers in circles), umm(still motioning with fingers) umm, your wheels spun"
Myself "No they didn't"
Myself "yes mate, did you see my wheels spin? This car is an automatic and has ESC, and the wheels don't spin"
Myself "You heard a loud exhaust? Are you going to defect it? I'm pretty sure it is legal. Did you hear the wheels spin?"
Officer "I was attending to another matter, I only heard your car i didn't see it."
Myself "honestly mate, was i speeding when you came up behind me? I took off at the lights and you heard the sound of a V8 taking off, that's what they sound like, If it was a Camry that took off like i did you would have heard nothing and thought nothing, what am i being charged for, you heard something but saw nothing?"
Officer "you are being charged for (motions with fingers again) umm(walks away to his car and then comes back) you will recieve a fine in the mail"
Myself " for what?"
Myself " ARE YOU KIDDING ME BUDDY? Now your saying i did a burnout? I will see you in court mate, you are wasting my time..Are you seriously going to book me for doing a burn out?"
Officer "(walks back to his car, then comes back) You will receive a fine for Neg driving"
Myself "Mate if I did something wrong I would take it on the chin, but you are just being ridiculous, I will see you in court"
Officer "(very aggitated by now) Listen, I'm just trying to do my job and you are making this harder, I've got a job to do"
Myself "Buddy you have a job to learn, you are booking me for having an iconic Australian car, you are basically booking me for being a hoon because of it, you saw nothing, i did nothing, you heard a V8 and your booking me for it, are we finished here?"

So obviously I got the fine in the mail........looking back at it, I could have gone about it better, I had done the red eye from Perth to Sydney over night and I'm not the best person to be around with little sleep.......
But to be honest this guy seemed fresh out of Goulburn, had little experience in the field of cars, and was basically out to write a ticket for something he didn't see, and that didn't happen........He was aggitated, or almost hyper from the start, and didn't really know what he was booking me for......

Yep, pisses me off.

Soooooo...Is he going to see you in court?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
I got pulled over for "following too closely" by "Cop A", long story short I wrote a big letter, even quoting a random cop (Cop B) who screeched behind me, as I was getting questioned by "Cop A", and "Cop B" walks up and goes "What the f--k were you doing back there!? If he (Cop A) doesn't fine you, I'll f--cking find something on your car to fine you for".

Got a letter in reply saying not to worry about it till' they investigate. That was aaaages ago. Still heard nothing.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
First Aid Courses and how they do teach some things that are just totally wrong.

one was if you find a person (bike rider/motorbiker etc) in a fullface helmet unconscious you should remove it.
basically saying to the other people who have never used a full face helmet before, that you should take the injured persons helmet off after a crash.

this is basically what people who actually know their helmets well say about it:
have also spoken to a fair few riders for their opinions and it all follows along the same lines as the quote below
If a biker is injured at the scene, the golden rule is never take off his or her helmet - it is dangerous to remove it as you will not know if they have sustained head injuries. You should leave it on unless the rider has stopped breathing or gone into cardiac arrest. In this case, you should remove the helmet carefully and perform normal CPR, as this overrides any concerns relating to head or spinal injuries.

im just angry that that don't even use an example of a fullface and question people on how to remove one and/or show how the straps work and safety features to look out for.
for example, mine and a lot of newer helmet you can actually remove the cheekpads incase of a real emergency so it makes it very easy to slide off.

just find it that its major BS that what they teach is so utterly wrong and gives a lot of people the wrong impression of what should be done.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST

Myself "no officer"
Myself "No they didn't"
Myself " for what?"

Yep, pisses me off.

A big reason I keep the cars stock. I sometimes get away very smartly and make good progress through traffic. But....its 100% stock, well maintained, so undefectable!
Last time I got pulled over for speeding I did slag off a bit. I didn't have a good day and I know from the stats I saw when I worked at the RTA speeding is not a really huge road safety issue......(copper didn't like that when I brought it up)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
A big reason I keep the cars stock. I sometimes get away very smartly and make good progress through traffic. But....its 100% stock, well maintained, so undefectable!
Last time I got pulled over for speeding I did slag off a bit. I didn't have a good day and I know from the stats I saw when I worked at the RTA speeding is not a really huge road safety issue......(copper didn't like that when I brought it up)

no car is "undefectable". showbags knows this first hand, his missus had the (dis)pleasure of a police officer giving her a defect notice on her 100% stock bmw 135i only the other week. it was soon thrown out without issue, but it certainly didnt stop the show-off copper(had a film crew with him) from issuing the defect in the first place.