Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by RUF-60L, Jul 13, 2011.

1. 1985VK

1985VK Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VK SL
    It is worth putting a strong rare earth magnet on the circlip remover to try catch it so it doesn't get lost

2. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Nah it's getting the bastard on. The bearing housing is spring loaded, so you have to compress the spring and then push on the circlip at the same time. Thank God I found it it was sitting on the trans hump hidden by the cup holder.

1985VK and Lex like this.
  3. Skydrol

Skydrol Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    The beauty of going into the unknown. I trully hate to do dashboard work. Most of the parts are meant to be just installed, not design to be removed and installed. No matter how careful you are, some clip or some other shît ends up broke. Plus you have to be a Chinese Circus Contortionist to get to shît.

I do not know why all cars, I mean all Mfgs create a Modular Dashboard, some that can be pulled like pods. That can be taken as assemblied clusters and worked outside of the car. The only module that I know is the entire dashboad and most are installed through the windshield opening in the assembly line.

Also, why they need to burry the heater core and the evaporator in a fashion that is a royal pain in the ass to service.

losh1971 likes this.
  4. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Monaro CV8, Cross 6 Crewman, Territory Ghia.
    Ross River Fever virus.
    All the symptoms of Covid19. Doesn’t kill you, but comes back every couple of years to kick you in the head and guts. The associated chronic fatigue with it makes it painful to get out of bed or a chair.
    I first had it about 35 years ago, but this episode has been worse than previous ones, and made me go get tested for Covid19, which showed a negative result.
    Off to the Doc on Friday about it, and I know that his remedy will be to buy a feel-good teddy bear, give his thoughts and prayers, drink plenty of water and sleep it off.

5. VS 5.0

VS 5.0 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV Z Series M6
    My father in-law (RIP) contracted Ross River when he was a young adult and sufferred a bad bout of chronic fatigue decades later than lasted for a good couple of years.

I hope you don't experience what he did.

wetwork65 and figjam like this.
  6. Trevor loves holden.

Trevor loves holden. Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    vs commodore
    When they say we are in a "Global warming crises" and all it does is rain and its farking cold as.

7. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    So why farting around with Bat crap and their viruses when this one is for free in the wild. Make a culture, insert in an aerosol can with some nice smelling fragrance and go to town with it.

8. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Some facts for you about this ……….. https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/ross-river-fever.aspx
    There is no tinfoil hat, 5G, vaccine, or Batman conspiracies with this. Not transmittable from human to human. Only they have not mentioned is the recurring symptoms that flatten you every couple of years.
    The only cure is stop the rain from falling, drain the coastal swamps, (sorry, wetlands) fill the resulting lowlands, and build high rise apartments where real, life threatening scunges and plague can thrive.

marty351 likes this.
  9. Skydrol

Members Ride:
    Pontiac G8 GT
    That is some nasty shît.

10. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    ******* ute.....

11. Skylarking

Skylarking Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Commodore Motorsport
    Love hate relationships :p

losh1971 likes this.
  12. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Kim Kardashian sold out of her SKIMS face masks in minutes. In just under 30 minutes, fans got their hands on the new range of fashionable face masks to wear amid the ongoing pandemic.
    The businesswoman, 39, designed the face masks to match her SKIMS Solutionwear range to ensure her fans were keeping up their stylish looks amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
    Her decision to launch face masks comes as the state of California has made it compulsory to wear face masks in public.
    The masks - which were available in five nude colours - retailed at $8 each. A set of four would set customers back for $24 (AU $37.40)"

[​IMG]

VS 5.0, Skydrol, keith reed and 2 others like this.
  13. figjam

figjam Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Another brilliant idea from the poor, under priviledged, cash strapped, strugglers of Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries...…..

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news/calls-for-scrappage-scheme-to-revive-australian-new-car-market

They think the Fed Govt should subsidise the private purchases of new cars, (which I think are now all imported from overseas, am I right in assuming we don't build cars in Australia any more ?) to replace our unroadworthy, emission spewing clunkers, because that will promote a 'greener' world.
    What a crock of steaming BS !!
    Three points ………..
    Australia really needs more imports like that to increase our trade balance deficit,
    My (and others) emission spewing V8s will always be greener than the building of a new 'green' car,
    Maybe the FCAI could show me an affordable new car, devoid of nanny's bells and whistles and doesn't look like it has been pre-crashed coming off the delivery ship, that I would actually like to own and drive.
    Did I say 'what a crock of steaming BS ?'

wetwork65, Lex, losh1971 and 2 others like this.