Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
no car is "undefectable". showbags knows this first hand, his missus had the (dis)pleasure of a police officer giving her a defect notice on her 100% stock bmw 135i only the other week. it was soon thrown out without issue, but it certainly didnt stop the show-off copper(had a film crew with him) from issuing the defect in the first place.

You're wrong. Everyone knows that people who dont break the law have nothing to fear from cops. They would never abuse their power :)

/extremesarcasm

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Interesting, what was the vehicle defected for?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
too low, wheels too big i think it was. car was how it left the showroom floor

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Interesting, what was the vehicle defected for?

I dont see how it can be interesting, its not new news, it happens day in day out because police are not trained to know what is legal/illegal.

M

magnumv8

Pants-Are theu un-australian, why shouldn't we proudly stride in our stubbies and while im ranting slacks-wtf-go to jeans west and buy a pair of zipper front jeans-buttons p..s me off cause they take too long to undo when you need a rapid beer pisss!

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I dont see how it can be interesting, its not new news, it happens day in day out because police are not trained to know what is legal/illegal.
Fair nuff...

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Anyway long story! Short people equate noise with speed.
It's not just the short peolpe....lol sorry, i didn't know when you were hyphenating, so i added them like i read it....
And it was a long story.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
This is a perfect example of why you should record all traffic stops. A recording of this in court would most likely result in the case getting throw out straight away!

Well you would think so, but i think you have to announce that you are recording the conversation for it to be used in a court of law, in Australia. Even then I doubt it.
What i do carry now is a little note pad to write down the conversation!!!

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
Soooooo...Is he going to see you in court?
I have written away to have it dismissed, you can do that online now as a first stage, second stage court.
Apparently(and i heard this at the pub so there must be some truth to it) the police often don't show up, and it gets thrown out. But they play the game because most of the time people don't go to court either and just pay the fine!
The hardest thing for me will be getting a court date and I'm away working in WA(I live in NSW) and not being able to make it.
So there is a chance I will end up paying more than the initial fine, for something that didn't happen.